This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I baked!!

I baked! Chocolate buttermilk cupcakes, vanilla buttermilk cupcakes, mexican chilli chocolate cupcakes.

The buttermilk cupcakes have a salted fudge centre and italian meringue buttercream frosting, and the chilli chocolate cupcakes have normal chocolate buttercream frosting (all made from scratch!)
    Attached Files
    The report button - not just for decoration

They look delicious.

Happy Birthday, BTW.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

*looks*

*drools*

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

They look amazing. I like the little flower and butterfly decorations.

Was there any particular reason for the baking extravaganza? Also, do you feel like sharing the recipes?

Comment

Yay! Party at rads! So, umm, rads... you're buying us the tickets, since you're demanding we come over to have these delicious creations, right?

Comment

Wow! They look great. Nice job.

Comment

Heeeheee It's my birthday today, so I baked! And TTO (my amazing awesome husband) got me a Kitchenaid mixer as my present!!!! So I got to break it in

I will share the recipes, cross my heart - but we're about to pop out for dinner, so afterwards.

(PS The little butterflies and flowers are fondant - I didn't make the fondant from scratch, but everything else is )

Comment

I'd rather you shared the spoils.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

great present! and they look wonderful =)
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Buttermilk cupcakes:

1 1/3 cup cake flour
                    1 tsp baking soda
                    1/4 tsp baking powder
                    (sift these together)

Cream 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup nonsalted butter (room temp) until smooth and fluffy. Add 2 large eggs (room temp) one at a time. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract. For the chocolate version, add 1/2 cup cocoa powder to 1 cup buttermilk. For the vanilla version, just have the buttermilk as is.

Add 1/3 of the flour mix, 1/3 of the buttermilk and mix. Repeat until done. Bake at 180 deg Celcius for 8 - 11 minutes (depends on your oven).

Chilli chocolate:

Milk base:
                    250ml milk
                    100g dark chocolate
                    1/2/ tsp ground ginger
                    1/2 - 1 tsp chilli oil
                    1/4 tsp hot paprika
                    1/2 - 1 tsp dried chilli powder

Heat the milk on the stove until it's steaming but not boiling. Remove from heat, and break the chocolate into the milk and mix till it's fully melted and incorporated. Add the spices and leave to cool a little.

Fluffy base:
                    150 g unsalted butter, room temp
                    300g brown sugar (I used demerera)
                    1 tbsp treacle
                    3 large room temp eggs

Whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the treacle and mix until it's a smooth sugary paste (5 mins or so). Whisk in one egg at a time.

Dry ingredients:
                    250g plain flour
                    1 tbsp cocoa powder
                    2 tsp baking powder
                    1/2 tsp bicarb of soda

Sift dry ingredients together. Fold 1/3 of the flour mix into the sugar batter, then 1/3 of the choc chilli milk with a metal spoon, alternating until it's all incorporated. Bake at 180 deg for 8 - 10 minutes.

Comment

*drool*
                      You are EVIL!

I think I gained two pounds just looking at the pictures. There goes my diet!
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Those all look amazingly delicious!

I had to put on my comfy pants just because I got fatter look at all of those cupcakes and dreamed of nomming on them.

I'll PM you my address and reimburse you for postage if you send them to me.
                        Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Working...
                        X