Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see if their attorney talks some sense into them.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post

We'll see if their attorney talks some sense into them.
      Agreed. I think it's time for this gif to come back...

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well after a nice run (literally) all this morning between courthouses, I came up with nada. Zilch. Nobody there would point me towards the forms I want to file, and one of the courthouses was particularly rude about it.

So then I literally ran across to a lawyer's office to get legal advice...they're on vacay until late next week.

Went home, called up all eleven local firms....on vacay, or at court. -.-

Client emailed me back stating I'd best "watch my steps carefully" and that I should "ponder over my next actions", and mentioned he wanted to bring me to court for "contract fraud". I am so tired of this, I told him the next time he contacts me, it needs to have a detailed listing of his complaint, and what he believes he did not receive and had paid for, because everything I could see WAS DONE.

I swear to the Outlands, if he comes back with that stupid addon we've covered so many times, I'm gonna kill him.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Careful, might actually be found guilty if you kill him.

Comment

Probably get off with justifiable homicide, though . . .

Comment

He's trying to intimidate you by the sound of it. If he was actually going to sue you his attorney would be contacting you and he'd have been advised not to talk to you. Once you secure an attorney have him be the one to talk to ex-client.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                Once you secure an attorney have him be the one to talk to ex-client.
                Nothing shuts stupid people up quite like: "Please address any further correspondence to my attorney."

Comment

Quoth jedikuonji View Post
                  Nothing shuts stupid people up quite like: "Please address any further correspondence to my attorney."
                  The line I used when the last time a non-paying customer pulled out the "I'm talking to my lawyer about this" line via email was, "Please send me your attorney's name so I'll know to his expect his phone call." Funny, they can never name their attorney.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    Careful, might actually be found guilty if you kill him.
                    Only if they find the body.

Let's just say there are thousands of hectares of bog and sinkholes in this area.

Or the many abandoned hunting camp outhouses, and I know where to get lots of lime.

River full of eels and leeches?

Seraph, always remember you have real friends on this board.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Wow, what a tool. Your ex-client is a moron. I say wait until the attorney offices are open again and talk to a nice lawyer about how to nail ex-client to the wall. If you can prove that he's not only harassing you, but trying to strong arm you into giving him something for free, they'll agree you have a case.

Personally, I'd sue him for whatever is legal under the law. Send the moron a message - you cry "lawsuit" and you're gonna get one.

Comment

Unless you're actually served with something, its all bluster and empty threats.

Comment

Haven't heard from him all week, but looks like he's still going after this:

Hello Seraph,

We are contacting you to let you know that one of your buyers recently
                          visited the Resolution Center and attempted to open a dispute against a
                          payment. The buyer wished to dispute the payment sent on Jul 20, 2011
                          (Transaction <#>). This dispute has been deferred because it
                          was not opened within 45 days of payment.

Although this dispute is not eligible for negotiation in the Resolution
                          Center, we have noted that the buyer was dissatisfied with this transaction.

We encourage you to work directly with the buyer to resolve this matter and
                          take this opportunity to provide customer service as you see fit.

Thank you,

PayPal
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                            thanking me for helping them clear up their copyright issue
                            Client emailed me back stating I'd best "watch my steps carefully" and that I should "ponder over my next actions", and mentioned he wanted to bring me to court for "contract fraud". I am so tired of this, I told him the next time he contacts me, it needs to have a detailed listing of his complaint, and what he believes he did not receive and had paid for, because everything I could see WAS DONE.

I don't really think that's intimidation anymore. I think that's getting pretty damn close to threats.

Or in other words... he's butt hurt that you called his bluff. And that you also got his illegal photos removed. So now he wants to punish you.

Personally I'd say talk to a lawyer. And... I won't be surprised if they advise you to no longer respond to him. Cos no matter how much he says he's going to sue... it means nothing until he actually lawyers up.

Comment

Your client seems to be confining himself to putting pressure on you without spending any money is there a way the dispute can be put though arbitration of some sort?

Or maybe you could send a certified letter asking him to provide you with a detailed complaint and not to contact you otherwise.

Comment

Quoth dougall View Post
                                Your client seems to be confining himself to putting pressure on you without spending any money is there a way the dispute can be put though arbitration of some sort?

Or maybe you could send a certified letter asking him to provide you with a detailed complaint and not to contact you otherwise.
                                Better, get the lawyer to do it. Right now, he's all sound and fury.. signifying absolutely nothing. Call his bluff by taking this seriously from the get go. Maybe after one go-round with the lawyer (if he balls up enough to do that), he might just want it to go away.
                                Last edited by raudf; 06-22-2012, 06:47 PM. Reason: Thinking through fog
                                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                                X