Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex client is pissing in the wind. However, he has managed to work you into a lather, Seraph, esp by playing the Pay Pal card.

He's defamed you. Sue him. He'll fold. Insist he pull his dispute with Pay Pal as part of the settlement agreement.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

come to think of it... if paypal finds out his attempt was a scam, could they take action against him too for attempting fraud?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        come to think of it... if paypal finds out his attempt was a scam, could they take action against him too for attempting fraud?
        They'd probably just ban him until he starts a new account with a new email address.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

We have an update! D:

He IMed me today, basically saying he's sorry to do this, but it's mostly his business partner. I asked, again, for clarification on what exactly is missing, and he says "Oh, everything's there, I can see the design, but the reward catalog hasn't been touched. The design's there, but no rewards."

So....you're blaming me, and harassing me, because you haven't taken the time to enter in your own data?

Yes folks, that's exactly right. He expected me to be a data entry service as well. This whole entire shenanigan, is because he got in trouble with his partner, when they found out that nobody ever got around to entering in the data. Which is not my problem, not my fault, and I'd told him repeatedly waaaaay back when the project was going on, that he needed to enter in the stuff himself, because that was his job as the site owner.

I explained, AGAIN, that yep, thanks for confirming that I'd completed everything, and that I hope he had a good day working on entering in his catalog data. /sigh
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Argh.

I hate that. I'll set up websites for community associations, work on them for a while with the content that I've been given, and then turn them over to the owners...

A few weeks later, I'll hear back. "The website looks...EMPTY". Well yes, you provided x amount of content, all of which I used... Some clients provide me with documents and records going back for years, contact information for hundreds of clients, photo galleries of projects, logos, etc. You choose to provide no content, then that's what you're going to get.

It probably looks worse, because I'll set up the framework for that content to be added later, and it's a lot more noticable that somethings is missing when the "documents" section has only one form and the "photo gallery" just has a picture of a fence with a dead palm tree in front of it.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
              We have an update! D:

He IMed me today, basically saying he's sorry to do this, but it's mostly his business partner. I asked, again, for clarification on what exactly is missing, and he says "Oh, everything's there, I can see the design, but the reward catalog hasn't been touched. The design's there, but no rewards."

So....you're blaming me, and harassing me, because you haven't taken the time to enter in your own data?
              Welp, at least now you have an explanation for what this whole rigamarole was about. His partner was the ass behind this "lawsuit," all because they didn't realize that your job description does not include data entry.

And now you have him on record as saying such in case the Asshole Partner keeps the "lawsuit" going.

Seraph, my dear Enemy of Normalcy, treat yourself to a drink.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

not only that but if he tries to fuck with you via paypal again you can just forward his emails to them

Comment

Gets even better.

We'll have to separate them now, Partner 1, dude who tried to sue, and Partner 2, guy who IMed me today.

So I talk to him a bit more, P2 is trying to ask me for advice, and then goes into friendmode and asks if I've picked up Diablo 3 yet, and that he's thinking about joining me in TERA. I said wtf is wrong with you? Why are you acting like NOTHING HAPPENED. P2 claims that he saw P1's "two emails", and that they weren't so bad, he can't figure out why I'm being so hostile and "so, so serious".

...really?

I lay it out straight, and outline that P1 sent me many, many emails that threatened my person, threatened a court suit over four times, stole copyrighted images, ignored a Cease and Desist order, attempted extortion, and put me through severe emotional distress.

P2 got very, very quiet. In fact, his reply was "...oh s**t."

He then explains that P1 stopped cc'ing him on correspondence, mainly because "if he'd seen this, he would've put a stop to it." He asks then if I'd be okay with giving them a free design (!!!) to just "make the whole thing blow over easier, because P1 is a hardheaded sonuvagun"

Oh fudge no.

I told him in no uncertain terms, that will not be happening at this point, and that they're lucky I haven't dragged them to court MYSELF over this.

At that point, I made an extremely generous offer. I told him that my hands are tied due to P1's actions, no freebies can be given at this point, due to legal constrictions. (aka, giving him free stuff at this point would be seen as me trying to cover things up, I'd get SUUUUEDDD)

BUT

As a gesture of good will, I offered that he can get a discount on a premade purchase, if I received an email apology and a statement confirming the project's completion.

Stupid, stupid generous of me.

Hopefully less "stupid", than stupid.

He agreed to it, said it was quite generous of me, and that he'd call his partner up, and that he was quite frustrated with P1s actions, and that they're definitely dropping the matter. He asked if it would be possible for him to send the apology and statement, because of P1s attitude, and I said as long as it was everything I stated.

At this point, he apparently called P1, and talked things over with him. Unsurprisingly, P1 got aggressive straight off, and demanded that he get me to refund him at least the "$350 coding payment". I calmly pointed out that no, everything was done, and that they even stated that themselves. For further amusement, I showed him the screenshot (again) of their invoice, showing that they only paid $265 in coding costs.

$350 my arse.

P2 said that P1 was being stubborn, but that I'd have my statement tonight, and that he was deeply sorry for all the drama that P1 is causing, and that this is all "just p1 trying to bust his weight around again".

I'm not gonna hold my breath, but we'll see what happens next. Now I've got a statement from the original owner of the site/the guy who placed the order, stating this is all done, and that all legal threats are totally dropped. If P1 tries to press matters again, I'll just show him my lovely screenshot. Should put a stop to him then. I just hope I also get the email, would be a nice cherry on top.

Comment

Oy. What a nightmare. Me, I'd recommend not ever working for these clowns again
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                      Oy. What a nightmare. Me, I'd recommend not ever working for these clowns again
                      That's a definite in this case, lol. Someone recommended I just charge them for the data entry and get it over with. I just raised an eyebrow and said "and then what's to stop them from trying to pull this SAME THING over that?"

They said I raised a very good point.

Comment

Does this business of yours attract only the worst people?
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                          Does this business of yours attract only the worst people?
                          Only because Seraph, ENEMY OF NORMALCY, is involved in the business.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sometimes I think some of her more "special" customers are attempting to outdo all the other customers that inspired her signature

Comment

Honestly, unless they were a very big client I'd seriously consider no longer doing business with them.
                              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

IF you still sell to them and I mean IF, don't accept PayPal as payment. You KNOW they'll immediately dispute the charge. Prepaid by certified cashiers check only please.
                                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                                X