This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Hollywood. Everybody got a dream

This one is from years back when I lived and worked in Burbank, CA.
    I worked for a software company that made software for screenwriters, novelists, etc. I worked in sales and marketing. We had a small store in our offices for walk-ins. One morning, a guy comes into the office and asks to speak to me "in private". I wasn't going to take him into the offices so I just closed the store door. He then asks me if I know anything about copyrights or if I know any lawyers that do. I tell him he can call the law school I used to work for and maybe they can help.
    He then goes on to explain that the reason he needs the info is so he can sue the studio and the writers that made the film "Devils Advocate". I ask him if he had written the story first or something and he says "no, they stole the idea from my life story. "Everything in the film happened to me in real life."

(now, in case you haven't seen the film, it's about a lawyer who finds out he is the son of Satan and his father wants him to take over the family business (and also mate with his half-sister. It stars Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino).

At thispoint I tell him there are a few law offices down the street and tell him to check with them and he leaves.

Never a dull moment in the movie biz.

Later on, I'll post a few of my "do you know how big I am" and Do you know who I work for" stories.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

*Perkily Waits*

... We get the occasional Hollywood Wannabe up here in Vancouver too, though probably not nearly as interesting as yours. Can't wait

...And there are crazies everywhere, no matter where you are.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      He then goes on to explain that the reason he needs the info is so he can sue the studio and the writers that made the film "Devils Advocate". I ask him if he had written the story first or something and he says "no, they stole the idea from my life story. "Everything in the film happened to me in real life."
      "Actually, sir, I think you're confusing that movie with 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'."
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
      X