X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a nightmare?

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Not really into teenagers either, unless they are piloting mecha.
      The only two I've seen which fit that bill are Full Metal Panic and its spinoff Fumoffu, as well as Fafner in the Azure.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
        Boiler chap has been. Circulation system is full of gunk, and the pressure of pushing the water through has damn near burned out the pump. Currently waiting for a quote for flushing the system and replacing the pump.
        For a few brief, glorious hours last night I had hot water (even though the heating was off, the pump was limping along enough for hot water). Then I was half-way through filling the sink to wash the dishes and, with a rather spectacular grinding noise, the pump finally died. Back to boiling kettles for getting washed in the morning and washing up.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Kettles is still advanced technology for Norfolk....
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
            Add this convoluted, ancient system to a second hand boiler (now just over a decade old) which had to be crow-barred into it (not literally, the guy was Gas Safe registered!) and you have a bit of a nightmare to keep it running.
            Is this what real estate agents mean when they use the phrase "quaint charm" ... ?
            Last edited by EricKei; 12-03-2018, 10:59 PM. Reason: we just read it, thanks.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• So I checked my main email this morning and heard the call of the demon CRA -- the woman who does my taxes had informed me I owed about $150, which annoyed me a bit.

CRA has advised me (if I'm reading the email properly) that what I owe is in fact SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS and change ...

And yes, it's legit ... the notice in my email was merely to notify me that I had an email lodged in my account on CRA's official website, and that was where the cheery details showed up.

Memo to self: tell HR at Big Box DIY Store to boost my taxes on my paycheques from now on ...

Also, I don't blame the woman who did my taxes; it's more than possible that I didn't give her all the proper paperwork. I'd just moved and things were beyond chaotic at that point.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                Is this what real estate agents mean when they use the phrase "quaint charm" ... ?
                At least the real estate agent didn't say the house had an "indoor pool."

Indoor pool = flooded basement.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• "Quaint charm" means it has a privy... You know... the little shack that's a hundred yards too far in the winter and a hundred yards too near in the summer.

(Old Blue - The Dillards)
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Watching Hitchcock's "The Birds" on YouTube, with Fuzzy Pumpkin offering his opinion of what should be done to those dang birds by ferociously sharpening his claws on my desk chair.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Guess who decided not to buy a monthly bus/train pass for Nov and then forgot to buy a train ticket before getting on the train?

At the time of day when transit company inspectors frequently check to make sure passengers have a paid ticket or pass.

At least they were nice, probably because I was cooperating. And the authority has a payment plan if you can't afford to pay the $50 fine all at once. Small favors.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I know better than to be upset by which things are focused on in the news. I really know better. Still, when people have died, and other people have lost everything they have and can't afford to buy new things, it's very insulting to see bold headlines proclaiming celebrities who lost their homes. Yes, I'm so sorry that some very wealthy people were "victims" and by victim they mean had a house burned down, not died or were injured. It's lowering, as a society.

And no, this wasn't on an entertainment or celebrity news site.
                        Last edited by notalwaysright; 11-14-2018, 03:45 AM.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          At least the real estate agent didn't say the house had an "indoor pool."

Indoor pool = flooded basement.
                          Anyone around here with a basement would have it flooded! The town is built on a sandbank, and it's impossible to enter the town without crossing water somewhere. Heck, when the town hall was built, it actually started to sink as it was too heavy, and they had to shore it up!

The house is a bit battered around the edges, but it's a 10 minute slow amble to the beach (with a loo and the best cafe on the seafront, which is open all year, right by the access), a 5 minute amble to an excellent shopping parade, has good sized bedrooms (at least half as much again as a newer house) and, while the bathroom is tiny, it has room for a massive shower rather than a bath, which we both prefer over a bath. You can usually park right near the house (unless some of the neighbours have parked like selfish idiots again) and the bus stop for one of the main bus routes in the town (buses every 15 minutes) is a 30 second walk from our house. It was also £40,000 cheaper than newer houses in less convenient locations with smaller bedrooms, no parking and insides that needed gutting rather than a quick coat of paint while replacing the kitchen and bathroom.
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Watching this movie on Netflix, "Hold the Dark". Had to stop it 15 minutes in and make hot tea.
                            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• "Unfortunately, Time has stopped."

-- warning message just now on my phone.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                                "Unfortunately, Time has stopped."

-- warning message just now on my phone.
                                Did you get a screenshot? That one would make a hella meme!

Comment

Working...
                                X