Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you tell everyone involved --EXCEPT I.T.-- about the new office you're opening. When we find out about it second-hand two days before it happens because one of the employees being moved out there happened to mention it to me, we will warn everyone involved that there's not so much as an ethernet plug out there, and it takes at least a couple of weeks to get it wired due to having to allow vendors to bid on the contracts--per government law dealing with our company.

The CEO and Board of Directors will not be amused.
    Last edited by Geek King; 06-28-2012, 04:14 PM.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

...... You lost the $38.59 I handed you back in change.

I did a return, gave her $38.59 back, COUNTED it back to her (a $20, 3 $5s, and 3 $1s, plus the $0.59), and she stuffed it in her purse. DO NOT come back over an hour later stating that I ONLY gave you the $0.59 and never gave you the $38.00 that goes with it. Please DO show me the contents of your wallet, which consists of 2 $20s, 3 $5s and 3 $1s, cause I can see that at least half of what I gave you is in your wallet.

My manager WILL count down the drawer AND watch the videotape. In which it is clear that I not only counted the change back to you ( a $20, 3 $5s and 3 $1s) AND you stuffed in your purse, but also shows you leaving the store with said money.

Sheesh! Try to get me fired much????

Comment

...if you don't get a reply because I'm busy with the customer who is actually in front of me being rung up.

...if you walk right into a wet-floor sign (and my mop bucket) and then marvel that the floor is...WET! The aisle is wide enough, GO AROUND.

...about the floor being 'sticky' when I saw you tramp right through the honey spill that I am on my way to clean. Now I have to not only clean the original spill, but whatever you track through the store (assuming I find it soon enough).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

... if your proposal doesn't make it to the tendering office by 2pm, because you were so busy futzing about that you didn't get it to my desk for formatting, printing and binding and careful packaging in the special nested envelopes (crap, I hate proposals for government tenders) until 12:05p. Since the above takes me minimum 1 hour, and this one took 1.5 because a last-minute substitution of text just HAD to happen and I had to replace about 10 pages in each copy, yeah, the reason it goes in the 'unsuccessful' column of the spreadsheet is YOUR fault, not mine. Don't even bother ringing me up to whine and try to pass the blame off. My reputation as a miracle-worker is well-deserved, but there are some things even *I* am not capable of.

And the regional VP agrees with me, and he's not best pleased with you. Be thankful this particular job wasn't a significant $ job or your ass would busted back down to JUNIOR.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

...If you call at 5 minutes after 4:00 on a Friday afternoon because you suddenly decided you have to have a garage sale the next day, and it's too late to get an ad in the paper. Seriously? That late on a Friday, you're lucky you can get the ad in on Monday!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I move on to help someone else when I have been busy helping customers who got up to the bar before you for ten minutes and you have been hollering to get my attention the whole time, and when I get to you you turn around and ask your buddies "Oi! What are we getting?!".
              The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

- I tell you "I'll be with you in a moment." and you automatically step up to my window anyway. You have no right to complain since I am helping a drive-up customer - I TOLD you I'd be just a moment!

- You want to cash a $20,000 check on a Friday night five minutes before closing.

- You don't have ID. I have never seen you before IN MY LIFE. No cash for you!

- You want to get a money order. You are paying cash. You do not have an account. You THEN proceed to walk out in a huff like a baby and try to get some random woman to buy the money order for you instead, using her account. You have no right to complain because... wait for it.... I saw and heard the whole interaction while you two were in the all-glass-not-sound-proof vestibule. Do not accost my customers!!! You will not win!!

Comment

There are two customers vying for my attention at once. No matter what I do, one of you is going to be pissy. So whoever I take my attention off of for thirty seconds just has to deal with it.

Comment

If we called you to tell you that your daughter was over her text limit on the 3rd day of your cycle and offered to backdate unlimited text, and you refused. We then called you three more times that month to tell you it was getting expensive and you wouldn't believe us until you got the $1000 and change bill.
                    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

...if you ask for bags packed lightly but all you are buying is quarts of juice. OF COURSE it's going to be 'heavy' even though there's only one item.

...you say have a card, ignore me twice when I ask you for it and then bitch that you didn't get the sale prices. But you don't want me to use the courtesy card which would give you the sale prices because you want the gas points..the only way that's gonna happen is if you let me scan YOUR card.

Comment

- if you you are seen in the ER for a specific issue and given medication for it. Refuse to fill the prescription and then end up bck in the ER with the same complaint the next day.

- if the doctor tells you politely to fuck off and fill the prescription he gave you already.

- if you aren't given narcotics in the ER when you have a clearly documented narcotics contract That you agreed to and signed at your family doctors office.

Comment

-- about how long you've been waiting for your grilled focaccia sandwich, when you specifically asked for it to be extra-grilled.

-- that the cheese isn't melted, if we've taken the sandwich out of the grill for you early because you complained about how long it was taking.

Comment

Your service is cut off due to your bill being past due.
                            I've seen that on PFB & M3C a few times, with a "how dare they shut me off right away!" whine.

You decide not to purchase the warranty for your expensive electronics (which costs a little pocket change a month for you) but balk at having to pay so much for the replacement due to your device not being covered.
                            I've seen this both on PFB/M3C and in person. One man I had in my store wanted to buy the protection plan too, and was in the right time frame to do it... but it had already been cracked.

You don't listen to the tech support rep's instructions and still don't have your issue resolved
                            Yah, people hate doing what's on the script but sometimes they overlook something small that those annoying scripts cover.

You decide to go with El Cheapo Inn instead of Decent hotel and end up with a shitty experience in a shitty neighborhood because you were too cheap to want to shell out for a decent hotel.
                            This was actually me, although I didn't complain about it. I rented a room in San Fran for an everquest convention, not understanding what "community bathroom" meant.

Bleh
                            Last edited by PepperElf; 10-05-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

You call the day before Thanksgiving because your stove is broken and want a tech out to fix it TODAY. When asked how long the stove has been out, reply," Two weeks." And why didn't you call it in before now? "Because I didn't need it before today!"
                              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

----- if you are told repeated that we will NOT take that $100 bill for a $13 order.
                                Especially true if you just opened for the day and honestly don't HAVE that much change in your drawer for a C-note (or at the very least it'll almost wipe all your small bills out).

Comment

Working...
                                X