This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best prank call ever.

I don't even know which forum to put this in. That's a little scary.

Today I took the best phone call. I'm really glad I bothered to write down a lot of it after the call on my break. It was a call directed to Hardware, and pretty cleverly so. They already knew the cashiers take all the calls then direct them toward the most relevant department. So I got this one.

Caller: "Hello?"
    Me: "Hello there!"
    Caller: "Got a brief question for you."
    Me: "I'm game."
    Caller: "Is your refrigerator running?" *snicker*
    Me: "YES. YES it is! It's probably still trying to make its way across the street but the traffic is too damn busy!
    Caller: "Oh, whoah. You don't say!"
    Me: "Yeah, man! It's wild! You should see this thing go. It's only three feet tall but man can it dash like a bawss! I've never seen a real live game of Frogger like this!
    Caller: "And it's a fridge!"
    Me: "YES! It's wild!"
    Caller: "But do you guys actually sell fridges?"
    Me: "No. God, I wish. This one was the one we keep the earthworms in in spring. The thing got loose and is terrorizing the town. Thank god we sold all the worms already. I don't even want to think about what it could do with all those cans of worms."
    Caller: *bursts out laughing*
    Me: "Well I mean it's a hardware store. All it takes to make a fridge run is the wrong flux capacitor."
    Caller: "Oh sh*t! You're right! How much are those anyway?"
    Me: "Oh, hell, which one? I've got like six of those bad boys on the shelves."
    Caller: "Oh man this I have to see."
    Me: "Haha, I wish. Come on down and I'll cut you a pretty awesome key though."
    Caller: "Actually I do need some. What time do you guys close?"
    Me: "Ten. Like the fingercount."
    Caller: "Damn straight. Alright, be there tonight."
    Me: "Sweet. Laters."
    Caller: "Later."

I left in the early afternoon, so never got to see the guy, and I won't be there for a few days, but that was such a great call. > <, \m/,

The moral of the story is, I don't want to be the only one not laughing during a prank call.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
    Caller: "Is your refrigerator running?" *snicker*
    Me: "YES. YES it is! It's probably still trying to make its way across the street but the traffic is too damn busy!
    Caller: "Oh, whoah. You don't say!"
    I swear, I can HEAR this guy's mental brakes slamming on as he realizes "shit, course correct, course correct! They're playing along!"
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I actually aim for "This dude's pretty chill! I can accept this. "
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Frogger! hah, that's cute.

I'm glad you both had fun.

Comment

This is a little more twisted, but a friend of mine got an obscene prank call. He finally hung up after she kept asking him for more details of the things he claimed to be doing at the moment.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Damn that's funny.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              This is a little more twisted, but a friend of mine got an obscene prank call. He finally hung up after she kept asking him for more details of the things he claimed to be doing at the moment.
              Oh, I had an obscene phone caller hang up on me once too!

He told me that if I could guess what he had in his hand, I could have it. I told him that if he could get it all in one hand, he could keep it.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
              X