This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with next page of a thread?

In the "To That One Co-Worker" thread in COC, I cannot access page 16. Page 15 claims there is a next page, I just can't get at it no matter what I try. I'm using Chrome, the problem has existed across a system rebuild and browser reinstall.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Same thing happens here, any long thread, any browser, any OS (iOS, OS X, Win)

Comment

I've successfully read longer threads here, such as "How Not to Get Hired 101" or "How to Get Fired 101"
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

It's a known problem that occurs within vbulletin on occasion. Short version: There's posts in that thread that got moderated (or deleted). vbulletin, when it asks the database how many posts are in the thread, doesn't include the phrase "without counting moderated/deleted posts" (well, the SQL version of that phrase, anyway). As a result, it winds up claiming there's extra posts in the thread, producing extra pages, but the pages are not actually visible.

While it's annoying, it can happen, and is especially likely on a board like this one where the mods actively work to make sure the threads don't get out of hand (personal attacks, etc).

Comment

A similar bug (feature) is that is the last post of a thread has been deleted, the "Unread" traffic light will be "stuck" on. (Until a post is added to the thread or it ages off the active list. ?7? days, I think I dismember.)

To make this less common, when cleaning up something you/I have double-posted, "delete" the first post rather than the second.

-- derailsys, been here toooooooo long.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X