Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You do know recorded calls can be listened to...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do know recorded calls can be listened to...

Recently, I seem to have had a rash of customers who have been told something that varies starkly with reality of their situation... yet is within the realm of what a front-line representative who didn't have their home equity procedures down MIGHT tell them.

When the customer gets mad about being told the wrong thing, I get to send it up to management so they can make certain there isn't an employee passing on wrong information.

Thing is, recently, a number of these have been from customers who applied for the home equity loan over the phone or online with a phone representative follow up.

Is there a financial institution out there that doesn't record their calls?

SC the 1st
    SC1: What do you MEAN I have to have an interior appraisal?!!?!! I was told all you would need is a drive-by appraisal. I specifically asked, because I wanted to start the work on my house. I've already started tearing out the carpets!

Employee, per the recorded call: "I'm sorry ma'am, I can't say what type of appraisal will be required only that it is likely we will need one. The coordinator will be able to tell you more once they are ready to order it."

SC the 2nd
    SC2: A 7% rate! That's outrageous! I was told my rate would be 4%! I demand the 4% that i was promised.

Recorded call: The rate was not brought up. Not until WE spoke to the customer and quoted the 7% as stated.

The application was done online, which does, before you apply, start with a "Home equity loans as low as 4% APR" advertisement. MOST people understand that bank rates of "as low as" mean you have to have good credit for that rate to apply.

*sigh*

I wish our phone system would tell every caller that every single call is recorded. It might cut down on the jerkiness.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Doubt it.

Heck, some people still haven't figured out it's a bad idea to post pictures of themselves committing crimes to their facebook page....
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Doubt it.

Heck, some people still haven't figured out it's a bad idea to post pictures of themselves committing crimes to their facebook page....
        What about those idiots who call in "sick" to work, then update their Facebook status with, "[idiot worker] is so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o drunk!"?

Comment

I recently finished paying off an old loan and, because I was well behaved, they offered me another at a significantly lower rate which was great as I'd built up some CC debt that was beginning to get out of hand. Rates were "from 3%" and I qualified for 3.9% after speaking to a representative, which I still thought was brilliant compared to the 29% APR the CC charged. I can only imagine they get the same kind of SCs as above, because they kept checking that I understood I wasn't getting the lowest rate offered, but in the end I stated "I fully understand and accept the rate as you've explained it, it's still going to save me a fortune!" Lightened the mood a bit too No exaggeration either, my outgoings dropped the equivalent of 30 hours' worth of pay per month!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I wish our phone system would tell every caller that every single call is recorded. It might cut down on the jerkiness.
            Even if it did, what makes you think the SCs would actually listen to it?
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

A lot of places where I am from do say the call is recorded and the representitive even tells you before they continue with the call. I guess it depends on location and company. Even being told twice people are idiots though.
              DA| Youtube|Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X