Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap buckets this woman is nuts. Even the average idiot knows not to get between an animal and it's baby/ies.

Can you add a restraining order so she can't go near you, your horses or the stables?

And the vet should send her the bill too. Or have it bundled into the charges so paying it is part of the court order/judgement.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Holy cow! I'm totally speechless here.

But, I did have just one question. Where are the baby pics? Because of course, we all want to squee at them.

Comment

There has GOT to be a serious mental health issue at play here.

Yeah, horses are herbivores, and in the wild are prey. Still, a half ton or more of anxious mommy ANYTHING can seriously mess up a potential threat to her babies, and anyone halfway rational and/or in possession of IQs above room temp would know this.

Psycho EW is lucky to have survived that stunt.
        Last edited by Seanette; 03-07-2017, 12:24 AM. Reason: seconding request for foal pictures for squee-ing
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Give AK some time, guys. ^_^ Keep in mind that AK might not wanna release pics for anonymity reasons -- if so, please respect AK's wishes.

eltf - No worries about cursing here (at least, as it applies to adult targets, especially ones that deserve it). Just as long as every other word isn't just barely short of unprintable, we're cool. This is a place to vent, and if it helps, let those four-letter words fly Just keep it within reason (i.e. Watch your filthy fucking mouth )
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
            Can you add a restraining order so she can't go near you, your horses or the stables?
            At this point, that might just be a formality. If she makes bail, conditions are likely to include avoiding all such contact. Do the security cameras include enough of the outside of the stables to spot her if she tries more stalking?

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              a half ton or more of anxious mommy ANYTHING can seriously mess up a potential threat to her babies
              Hence the saying 'The most dangerous place in the world to stand is between a mother and her children'
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'll try to get pics when mommy stops being so overprotective. She was overprotective before but now she's not letting anyone near her babies, including me. And isn't letting them stray out of site either. We've put her in the back field where kids can't get at her because there's definitely a noted change in attitude and I'm not risking it. Plus there's a few other horses that belong to other people in that field (they've been warned to stay away just in case) and it seems to help. (Is this normal behaviour for a first time mom? I'm a trainer not a breeder. I don't normally get them before they are ready for saddle. Though I've halter trained a few before)

I don't actually know what the proper term for the marking(I'm assuming it's a marking anyway) is as neither I nor my friends, vet, or some of the people I know on circuit have seen it before. Although the colour might just be hard to place given the marking?

To fuel your imaginations though, since I don't have actual pictures yet.

This is for the colt...
                This is the closest to the colour itself that I've found (via Google):
                https://goo.gl/images/Dyll2N
                Though he's a bit darker then that right now.

And this is the closest to the markings I've found (via Google once more):
                https://goo.gl/images/Rvwr2y
                Only its full body not just the little patch on the back. Head, legs below the knee, mane, tail are all black though there are signs of colour change already. And he seems to have inherited the white star from his mommy.

The filly i would almost swear was a light buckskin (except the true buckskin doesn't appear in the breed because the gene doesn't exist in it. Not unless your breeding half Arab parent to something else. Also there's no dorsal strip) we did make sure that genetically both parents were full Arabs. (My mare is actually Asil but I am not paying the stud fees that would come with an Asil Stud)
                The closest I've found in colouring was this:
                https://goo.gl/images/eD1SnU
                Except without the black on the head and just a shade darker and a bit more red. Yes she was born that way.

We think it's just a really odd presentation of a light bay.

Which would makes sense given the Sires genetic code although he presented as a bay. Which isn't an uncommon colour. Mind, the sire is Arab by western definitions and not Asil, so I'm betting that's where the weirdness all comes from. Unfortunately the genes that are present in 'red' type colourings have an annoying habit of overpowering other colours that may be carried but not dominant.

While I can't remember much of the stud beyond that he presented as bay. I do remember he had a bunch of recessive stuff that just didn't present in him but might have presented in his progeny.

I have a fondness for weird colours. Well, for pretty colours in general really. Whatever it turns out to be I'm happy.

I didn't ever learn genetics because I'm not a breeder and it was too confusing. Not to mention entirely unnecessary.

I would like to reiterate again that these pics DO NOT belong to me and were found via Google. They are the closest I've found for the the foals colour/marking.

As for a restraining order. Done already, not that it means much here. Unless she actually harms someone or can be proven to intend to cause harm then the most she will get is a 'stop being naughty' lecture from the cops.

Still looking for names.
                Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  There has GOT to be a serious mental health issue at play here.
                  Just one?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                    I'll try to get pics when mommy stops being so overprotective. She was overprotective before but now she's not letting anyone near her babies, including me. And isn't letting them stray out of site either.
                    I was afraid of this, mommy horse is now spooked due to this idiot's selfish actions.

I sincerely hope crazy woman's not stupid enough to try anything like this again, mommy horse WILL kill her this time!

Comment

Unless she actually harms someone or can be proven to intend to cause harm then the most she will get is a 'stop being naughty' lecture from the cops.
                      The local po-po don't consider what she did to your Mama Mare as "harm"? o_O She's already proven intent to cause harm, and has actually caused harm to at least one horse. Maybe y'all's lawyer can spin that into "She probably had that with her to use on any unfortunate *people* who got in her way..."
                      Last edited by EricKei; 03-23-2017, 03:16 AM.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And this is the closest to the markings I've found (via Google once more):
                        https://goo.gl/images/Rvwr2y
                        Only its full body not just the little patch on the back. Head, legs below the knee, mane, tail are all black though there are signs of colour change already. And he seems to have inherited the white star from his mommy.
                        That looks like lacing. If he keeps that marking as he grows up, he'll be a very beautiful horse indeed.

Comment

What are the local laws like regarding animals defending themselves vs. putting down an animal dangerously out of control? Given how psycho the twit was I wouldn't put it past her to try and get your horse put down in revenge.

I'd hope that, given the fact that she was attacked with a whip and defending her babies, a reasonable judge would toss it out, but it depends on what the law currently is.

By the way, some people only skip to the first new entry, so updates are less likely to be missed by putting a line in the original post "for update scroll down to {date}" then adding the update as a reply.
                          Last edited by greek_jester; 03-09-2017, 12:14 PM.
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            I hope your state/province hasn't updated their laws... in re: horse thieves.
                            And my lawyer (who could make a shark look like a tiny aquarium fish with how ruthlessly vicious he can be) is even trying to get something to the effect of theft from another country brought into it. (The mare and foals are all registered with our registry and with the ones in Saudia Arabia and Dubai. Not entirely certain how Saudia Arabia works.
                            Theft with Saudi Arabia and Dubai somehow involved? How soon can we start calling this woman "lefty"?

Quoth little_miss_springfield View Post
                            I hope you can make those charge stick, she shouldn't be anywhere near animals.
                            If those charges don't stick, I'm sure there are some other charges that can be brought against her. Shaped, bayonet, or (since horses are involved) cavalry.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Ratha View Post
                              That looks like lacing. If he keeps that marking as he grows up, he'll be a very beautiful horse indeed.
                              It looks almost like the gorgeous fractal-like patterns you see on the skin of people struck by lightning. It's amazing!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                If those charges don't stick, I'm sure there are some other charges that can be brought against her. Shaped, bayonet, or (since horses are involved) cavalry.
                                Ooooh, I love the way you think!!!
                                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X