This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    ... an elderly 4 way. I may not sleep again tonight....
    Wait 'til it's *your* elderly 4 way.

...to sleep, perchance to dream...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

everybody and the dog knows that Elvis is riding around in a UFO and can be found at a KMart near you.
      I find that hard to believe - after all, where are you going to find a KMart that hasn't closed down yet?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

What can't get up can't get out
        Oh I am so stealing this!
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I find that hard to believe - after all, where are you going to find a KMart that hasn't closed down yet?
          *Raises hand* There's still one out by me...

Comment

There are a few pathetic excuses for stores bearing that name in my area.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I thought Erik Lehnsherr tried to save JFK's life but was stopped before he could.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                The one in my town is somehow still in business. It seems like every time I go there, they have less stuff, even what I thought were basic things.

They left that one open, but they closed down the bigger one another nearby town, that actually had a good selection. Go figure.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  ...They left that one open, but they closed down the bigger one another nearby town, that actually had a good selection. Go figure.
                  We dint killit, it jus dieded on us!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Getting harder to find in North Carolina - nearest ones now are Clemmons and Raleigh - just lost the last store here in Greensboro about 3 years ago, which sadly died a slow death.

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    Oh I am so stealing this!
                    Be my guest - it's one of my Mom's favorite sayings.

I think I have the only Mom in the world who would have dared to give me a dildo for my birthday.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Getting harder to find in North Carolina - nearest ones now are Clemmons and Raleigh - just lost the last store here in Greensboro about 3 years ago, which sadly died a slow death.
                      I'm in Kannapolis and the closest one is (was?) in South Concord. It has either already closed down or is closing really, really soon. I hardly ever go there so I'm not sure.
                      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-07-2017, 09:55 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tag
                      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                        I'm in Kannapolis and the closest one is (was?) in South Concord. It has either already closed down or is closing really, really soon. I hardly ever go there so I'm not sure.

According to the Kmart web site, the only stores in that part of NC are in Asheville (2) one in Salisbury and one in Clemmons.

Not sure if Shelby is anywhere near you but there is one listed for that town as well. Most of the others are east of me (I'm in Greensboro.)

I also recently heard that a spokesperson for Sears told the press that the company could be looking at bankruptcy this year sometime. Wouldn't be surprised as their sales have slid for years now.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The K-Marts in my area died a slow and painful death

East side store closed about 10 yearsago.

West side store hung on and lasted until about 18 months ago when their land lease (along with every other business on that whole plot of land except one business) got bought out by the local world known football team for stadium district extranvaganza mega complex tourist project.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We've got two of 'em, one's right down the road from my street. Don't much care for it; a lot of the merch is obviously cheap crap. The shoes look like they'd fall apart after about 2 months. The only department I like is the housewares one; it's small, but the quality is still pretty decent for what you pay for it.

Don't know how much traffic it really gets, though. The only time their parking lot was ever really full was when the local Italian Festival took place a block or so away every summer, and now that that's moving to another location in the city, I don't expect to ever see the Kmart parking lot that full again.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I refused to shop at the one in Beaverton, Oregon after the cashier asked, very sarcastically and loud enough for the whole store to hear, "What's the matter? Didn't pay your bill?" when the machine declined the first credit card I used. I have no idea why it declined that first card, and the other card I used went through just fine. While I'm not one of those who takes immediate offense if something strange happens and my credit card is declined, I thought the cashier's remark was very poor customer service.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                The shoes look like they'd fall apart after about 2 months.
                                I did buy a pair of shoes from the one near my house once, and that's pretty much what happened. I had a few pairs of jeans that decided to rip along the seams as well.
                                Sometimes life is altered.
                                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                                Uneasy with confrontation.
                                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                                X