This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC gets owned majorly

To set the scene; this happened on a day that our ability to accept payment from phone and contactless was taken from us temporarily. The morning crew arrived to open up the petrol station and found to their horror that all the tills had crashed overnight. So after much frantic calling to the tech team, two tills were revived (the master till being still dead) but only able to accept chip and pin. However, this still meant we were able to trade, so hastily typed signs were put out on every pump and on the entrance stating this deficit, and the petrol station was finally opened, one hour late.

Fast forward to when I am on for my shift, along with Dave the manager and my colleague Sasha. Enter the SC. Said SC seemingly ignored all the signs about us not being able to accept contactless or phone payments and proceeded to fill up her car. When she came inside to pay, and tried to use her phone, she threw a tantrum of epic proportions when Dave pointed out to her that we could not accept it. Her response was to storm out and drive off. Dave's response was to call the police. The boys in blue picked the SC up half an hour later, due to all the info like the SC's registration taken off the CCTV and she was charged with fuel theft.

So yeah, her tantrum ended up earning her a criminal record so her refusal to read the signs was so not worth it.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Did she really think she was gonna get gas for nothing & get away with it? SMDH!

Comment

Unfortunately, a lot of people really are that entitled. "You won't accept my payment of choice, so I will bid you good day, sir!"

Of course, in the real world, as opposed to SC World, that shit doesn't fly.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        Did she really think she was gonna get gas for nothing & get away with it?
        I have the feeling that it won't be long before she demands to get away with it.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Unfortunately, a lot of people really are that entitled. "You won't accept my payment of choice, so I will bid you good day, sir!"

Of course, in the real world, as opposed to SC World, that shit doesn't fly.
          Especially not when the business has put up SIGNS EVERYWHERE explaining why only certain types of payment can be taken.

A criminal record for theft ... yeah, that'll do her a lot of good.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

That's why prepay only exists.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              That's why prepay only exists.
              I can't imagine why ANY gas station would allow someone to fill their tank BEFORE paying...it's not like the gas can be put back if the customer doesn't have the money to pay.

I feel the same way about customers at work who change their minds about sliced deli meats when paying and ask for them to be taken off...hey, asshole, once the meat has been sliced or the pasta or chicken salad has been put into the container, we can't put it back, so we're forced to throw out perfectly good food. Why not put back the five boxes of sugary kids' cereal that we can at least put back on the shelf and sell?

Comment

They make you toss it? Dayum. o_O When I worked in a deli, we just bagged and weighed the "extra" product, and put it in the deli (cold) case. 9 times out of 10, someone else (who didn't wanna wait) bought it within an hour.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's different in England; please don't derail this thread with any more comparisons between the American and British systems. O_o I've had that happen before; let's just keep to discussing the stupid SC, m'kay?
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                    I feel the same way about customers at work who change their minds about sliced deli meats when paying and ask for them to be taken off...hey, asshole, once the meat has been sliced or the pasta or chicken salad has been put into the container, we can't put it back, so we're forced to throw out perfectly good food.
                    Quoth EricKei View Post
                    They make you toss it? Dayum. o_O When I worked in a deli, we just bagged and weighed the "extra" product, and put it in the deli (cold) case. 9 times out of 10, someone else (who didn't wanna wait) bought it within an hour.
                    My guess is that it's when the sucktomer changes their mind at the cash register. If they decide "wait a minute - I'll have the honey ham instead of the black forest" while the deli person is slicing it, the product hasn't been out of the custody of store staff. Once it leaves the deli counter, the store has no way of knowing what happened to it between leaving the counter and arriving at the cash register.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

This does raise the question...When you have pumps that are out of order, how many folks come by and -- like this lovely lady -- try to pump gas after removing the big bright "Out of Order" bags (etc) that are covering the pump handles? (I'm just going to assume that the number is greater than zero )...

I do wonder what her "defense" will be. Will she choose "Signs?! WHAT signs? I didn't see any signs!" or "They never TOLD me!" or "THEY should pay for my petrol! It's not MY fault!"

wolfman -- Good point.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I can't imagine why ANY gas station would allow someone to fill their tank BEFORE paying...it's not like the gas can be put back if the customer doesn't have the money to pay.

*snip*
                        Quite a few in my area do that ... BUT only with the pumps that are nearest to the office. I guess they figure it's easier for somebody to catch the car's plates? (Why they don't have cameras at each pump, I do not know.) Certainly the last few pumps in the row are prepay only.
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          My guess is that it's when the sucktomer changes their mind at the cash register. If they decide "wait a minute - I'll have the honey ham instead of the black forest" while the deli person is slicing it, the product hasn't been out of the custody of store staff. Once it leaves the deli counter, the store has no way of knowing what happened to it between leaving the counter and arriving at the cash register.
                          This is it exactly...hell, we can't even put back bagels and muffins once they've been bagged up by a customer. What a shameful waste of good food. THINK before you grab!

Comment

I can't imagine why ANY gas station would allow someone to fill their tank BEFORE paying
                            My complaint with "prepay only" was if I wanted to fill up my tank, how was I supposed to know how much it was going to cost until after I filled it?

Of course, once they put card readers on the pumps, it became a non-issue.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Mike - Good point In my case, tho, I seldom have enough cash to fill it up anyway. When I do...they just give me change when I go back inside afterwards. 'Tis why I use a card wherever possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X