Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The beatings will continue until somebody gets a clue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beatings will continue until somebody gets a clue...

My Damages cart has vanished. Again. I think I know who's behind that...one of the cart jockeys isn't the sharpest spoon in the drawer and both myself and some of the managers have had run-ins with him about this same issue before.

SM was not happy about the development, and okayed my plan to rework the signs so they'd be sturdier/harder to remove. Right now my plan is to back them with plastic (I was considering foamcore but whatever it is should be liquid-resistant and solid enough that the sign can't just be torn off); I have some scrap styrene in my toolbox but that's probably too heavy and I'd have to drill holes. Maybe just buy one of those cheap rigid yard signs (or steal an old campaign sign from someone's yard) and cut it up.

I did have to damage out a whole bag worth of produce; most of it just could have been returned if not for the moldy strawberries in the pile (clearly the strawberries had been put there first and everything else got piled on later). Fruit flies in the whole lot, so I just damaged everything out. Produce manager was Not Amused at both the fruit flies and the fact that someone was still putting produce in the returns cart.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    SM was not happy about the development, and okayed my plan to rework the signs so they'd be sturdier/harder to remove. Right now my plan is to back them with plastic (I was considering foamcore but whatever it is should be liquid-resistant and solid enough that the sign can't just be torn off); I have some scrap styrene in my toolbox but that's probably too heavy and I'd have to drill holes. Maybe just buy one of those cheap rigid yard signs (or steal an old campaign sign from someone's yard) and cut it up.
    Coroplast (I believe that's it's name) is your friend. It's sort of like corrugated cardboard, except made from plastic, and is very popular with makers of campaign signs and the signs that get posted all over lamp posts (e.g. "1000 business cards $20"). It's readily available (and fairly cheap) at "orange apron" (and presumably their competitors).

If you're planning on "recycling" an existing sign, check with the city about the legality of posting signs on lampposts, and if it's illegal (they usually send crews around to remove and dispose of them on a regular basis) ask if it's OK for one to "disappear" before the city crews can get to it. For campaign signs, wait until AFTER election day (although I'd tend to avoid this - some people seeing the back of YOUR sign might assume it's a corporate endorsement of the party in question, others might assume that corporate approved of taking that party's sign to keep them from getting their message across).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Now two opposing campaign signs, fastened fece to fece, could be safe.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Aha, Coroplast is the stuff I was thinking of. The nearest Orange Apron needs a car to get to, but we were thinking of going out that way anyway.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Now two opposing campaign signs, fastened fece to fece, could be safe.
          Since they're campaign signs, the entire thing could be all feces, due to mudslinging.
          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Working...
          X