Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Christmas decorations, but no Christmas music yet. I don't know if the current music rotation is Pandora or an actual store playlist, but I like it.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Well, there's always this little Christmas snippet from 1968: ...must get Stoned...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

A twitch streamer I'm fond of has started playing holiday music - produced by the HP Lovecraft Historic Society. It's awesome.

Some examples:
        The World in Terror and Madness Lies
        The Deep One Song

Comment

Quoth judecat View Post
          Local radio station started "all day, all the time" Christmas Music sometime before 8pm on Wednesday. It's the station my boss turns on every year at this time. I do believe there are only about 50 different Christmas songs, even if you include stuff like Snoopy's Christmas (snoopy and the red baron), Crabs for Christmas (don't know if that one gets played outside Md), or I wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas. And songs that are not really Christmas songs, like Baby it's cold outside. So you end up with 20 or more different versions of the same songs. Do you know how many different people have recorded Rudolph the Red nosed raindeer. Everybody from Bing Crosby to RuPaul.

In 1 10 hour shift I heard "so this is christmas" 3 times, Hippopotomous 2 times and at least 4 versions of Santa clause is coming to town. 10 hours per night -- 4 nights per week. I will be so sick of Christmas at least a week before it gets here.

Sorry for the rant.
          When I lived in Delaware I heard Crabs for Christmas at least 20 times a day now I live in Colorado and really miss it.

Comment

The office I was in for four years had a pair of ladies who started playing Christmas music right after Thanksgiving.

The new office I'm in, there are only two of us who are there all day. I told my coworker if she played any I was going to bring Twisted Christmas

Comment

I have 2 of those... Are there more?

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                A twitch streamer I'm fond of has started playing holiday music - produced by the HP Lovecraft Historic Society. It's awesome.

Some examples:
                The World in Terror and Madness Lies
                The Deep One Song
                I need to send them the lyrics I did to a Cthulhu-themed Jingle Bells parody.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth InsanityInc View Post
                  The office I was in for four years had a pair of ladies who started playing Christmas music right after Thanksgiving.
                  Better than what I got. November hits and some of the people in my hospital start playing Christmas music. Thankfully they play it in the back, and I work out front, so the only time I have to hear it is if I have to pass through there for something (and it's typically played pretty softly.)

I just get stabby if I hear it before Thanksgiving, I was born Nov 29th so hearing Christmas music before all the leaves have even fallen from the trees makes me feel like a forgotten child sometimes. (Com'mon people, at least wait for THANKSGIVING.)
                  My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                  It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Roughly around midnight on Sunday morning, it switched to all Christmas music, all the time.

Still haven't heard some of my favorites yet, though.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

One year, I got my hands on the sound system and connected my ipod that had the two christmas albums from the HP Lovecraft Historical Society on it.

Which lead to this funny exchange;

Coworker: Christmas music? You can play anything back here and you are playing ^&*^ing christmas music?!
                      Me: Listen
                      Coworker: *starts ranting about christmas music being evil*
                      Me: Coworker! Shut up and listen.
                      Ipod: *starts playing Carol of the Old Ones*
                      coworker: .... What the was that?
                      Me: Christmas music

Another year, many many years ago, at a place I am trying to scrub from my memory...
                      A customer bought a MP3 player (This was when they were first coming out and were all the rage) and wanted free Christmas music put on it.

Customer: *makes above request of free christmas music on new mp3 player*
                      Me: Wait a minute, doing so is illegal and would open me up to being sued by the music industry *Had been a few very high profile cases in the news recently about pirates being fined large amounts of money plus jail time for pirating/sharing music/movies*
                      customer: I just bought an expensive music player, you *will* put free christmas music on it for me, and it will be ready for me to pickup tomorrow moring. *said in the tone of 'I am the customer, how dare a retail drone like you tell me no for any reason?'*
                      Me: What part of that request being illegal is hard to understand? *Yes, I did say that. That job was killing me.*
                      Boss: I know you can get free christmas music, put it on for her.
                      Me: Music piracy is illegal. You'll take the hit if it comes back to me?
                      *customer and boss go back and forth with me finnaly caving, thinking I'll find a couple public domain recordings and be done with it.*

*Several days later, the customer comes in upset and rips coworker up one side and down the other. Ranting about the devil music I put on for her and that it gave her kids nightmares.*

What I did, in my search for public domain music that wouldn't get me into legal trouble when it blew up in my face, I came across the HP Lovecraft Historical Society website, they had a couple free tracks for demo purposes. I Saw Mommy kissing Yog-Sothoth and two others that I can't recall now.
                      I put those and a couple generic christmas recordings onto the player and called it a day.

Comment

The local rock station plays a few Christmas songs. Heard one tonight that's right up my alley.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I want to play this one: (NSFW)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af7LwnA913g

Somehow, I don't think I'll be allowed to. XD
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

No Christmas music at the parts store. It's not banned or anything, we just haven't been playing it. There's even a station that plays all Christmas music through out December, and I'm usually the one to change the truck radio to it if I have to make a delivery. I didn't work Christmas Eve last year; maybe it comes on then? Schedule for next week should be out today.

Comment

Thanks to the reminder about the Lovecraft society's Christmas music, last night I downloaded some of my favorite carols.

Today at lunch, I shared them with a couple of coworkers who were also "cultists". We were listening to Death to the World and trying to sing along when our boss's boss showed up. She was charmed by us trying to sing in chorus and offered to sing along with us at the holiday party

Comment

We used to have Christmas music at my job not anymore. Honestly I'm wishing we did! Our music is just bad very bad jazz playing. Over and over on a loop. It sounds like a 2 year old playing some wind instrument (not sure if it's a trumpet, or sax) it is so BAD! I hate jazz and it's even worse when it's bad jazz. I used to be able to hide from it by going to the back, but ever since crazy cia guy complained, I have to stay in the front all night listening to screeches. #%!! You CCG. My local radio station play the nutcracker a lot (your welcome for getting that in your head now )
                                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                                X