Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local Taco Place location always asks if I want sauce. (I never do so I appreciate them asking.) I think it may vary by whether the store is company owned or a franchise...a long time ago we used to go to two different Taco Place locations regularly, one was a franchise and they didn't give out sauce unless you asked, the other was a corporate store and they just gave it out like candy.

Personally I wish more places would ask or at least just be reasonable about what they stick in the bags. I didn't need the 40 napkins I got at the Golden Arches tonight, and I certainly don't need two bags full of soy sauce/duck sauce/hot mustard whenever we order Chinese food. What a waste.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
      Basically, the DM has to decide on a new sauce rule which her boss must ok. If myself or any of the other team members disregard this rule, we get our hours cut. If we continue to disobey, they get cut again and again until we get fired.
      I'm sorry...The only conclusion I can come to is that the higher-ups are pants-on-head inSANE
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Dried frog pills, stat!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Pants-Man might take exception to that, but pretty much..yes. Employers are loosing what little grip of sanity they had...and treating workers pretty much like something you would scrape off of a shoe.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Despite this fact, many of my customers think at Taco Place, they don't have to ask for taco sauce when they want it.
            Hell, if I want something, I ask for it. That being said, every Baco Tell I've ever been to would always ask me if I wanted sauce. Amusingly, back in Phoenix, there was one I would go to on a regular basis late night, and get a Mexican Pizza, for which I never needed taco sauce. It got to the point where they would recognize me and say, "No sauce, right?"

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Yeah right. You just want a nice little stockpile of sauce in your fridge door because you're too cheap to buy your own dam sauce...
            My ex-roommate did this. He would stockpile every freakin' condiment in the fridge door. He wouldn't be obnoxious about it, mind you, grabbing handfuls from places, but whatever he wouldn't use, he would shove into the door. Which was ridiculous, because he almost never used them. After he moved out, I literally threw out dozens of these damn things!

Quoth Kisa View Post
            One guy even took a handful of sauce packets and DRANK THEM! One by one... rip...squirt...squeeze...trash...repeat.
            I....can't comment. I've been known to drink mustard packets. Not at an alarming rate, but I do like mustard, and every now and then, it would simply be time for a quick squirt. Yes, I'm serious. What? I love mustard!

Quoth Kisa View Post
            SC: It SHOULD be in my bag!!
            And Megan Fox SHOULD be on my lap in a bikini. But she isn't. And unlike me, you CAN ask a simple question that will alleviate your problem.

Quoth Eisa View Post
            Um...RIGHT, I'm gonna ask for something I can't stand JUST to mess with you...
            I did this unintentionally once. A local bartender had gotten used to seeing me, and seeing me order Bud bottles. One day, when I sidled up to the bar, he was ready for me. "Bud, right?" "Nah. Today I think I'll have a Red Stripe." He about shot me.

Not that I don't like Red Stripe, or that I was doing this to mess with him. But it did have that effect.

Quoth Ashaela View Post
            I certainly wouldn't think to be upset at someone for not offering me hot sauce. How PA is that?
            PA? Huh?

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
            I certainly don't need two bags full of soy sauce/duck sauce/hot mustard whenever we order Chinese food.
            Amusingly, whenever I order from the local Chinese place, I ask for extra duck sauce, because I love dipping my egg roll in it. And one packet is never enough. Five or six is about right, though. (Yes, I'm serious.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Is it possible to buy the oh-so-delicious sauce? I'm one of the guilty "grab a few extra" folks, but only because it's so damn delicious! I do it at Arby's too... I'd love to be able to buy a bottle of it to have in my fridge (I hate those stupid little sauce packets LOL They're just so tasty, I deal with it).
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Everyone can fight over my share of the sauces!
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  I....can't comment. I've been known to drink mustard packets. Not at an alarming rate, but I do like mustard, and every now and then, it would simply be time for a quick squirt. Yes, I'm serious. What? I love mustard!
                  I know a guy that will drink pickle juice straight, and judging by the pickles he makes, I can't say I blame him (balsamic and something pickled hard boiled egg ftw!)

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Amusingly, whenever I order from the local Chinese place, I ask for extra duck sauce, because I love dipping my egg roll in it. And one packet is never enough. Five or six is about right, though. (Yes, I'm serious.)
                  I will never understand that desire. I mean, you are far from alone on that craving, but I still just don't get it. The only thing I use duck sauce with is when I have those fried wontron strips, and have Chinese mustard to go with it.

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                  Is it possible to buy the oh-so-delicious sauce? I'm one of the guilty "grab a few extra" folks, but only because it's so damn delicious! I do it at Arby's too... I'd love to be able to buy a bottle of it to have in my fridge (I hate those stupid little sauce packets LOL They're just so tasty, I deal with it).
                  Kraft sells Taco Bell sauces in jars, though I don't know how close they are to the packets (never bought them, never will likely). As for Arby's, well, that's a case for making your own I suspect. You can buy Horseradish mayo though.

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
                    Kraft sells Taco Bell sauces in jars, though I don't know how close they are to the packets (never bought them, never will likely). As for Arby's, well, that's a case for making your own I suspect. You can buy Horseradish mayo though.
                    I assume that this is in the wonderful land below the 49th parallel I shall have to look for some next time I'm stateside. Yes, I buy horsey sauce all the time
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
                      I know a guy that will drink pickle juice straight, and judging by the pickles he makes, I can't say I blame him
                      I would and HAVE done that, as I love pickles! One thing I don't like, which is the newest mini-craze in bars, is a shot called a pickleback. This is where you throw down a shot of Jameson's Irish Whisky, followed immediately by a shot of pickle juice. I am somewhat alone in my reason for not liking it....I just don't like Irish Whiskey. The pickle juice is what makes it tolerable to me, actually. (That being said, I have done one, and that is enough.)

Quoth thansal View Post
                      I will never understand that desire. I mean, you are far from alone on that craving, but I still just don't get it. The only thing I use duck sauce with is when I have those fried wontron strips, and have Chinese mustard to go with it.
                      Different strokes for different folks. I personally don't understand people who eat olives, but some of my best friends love those nasty things.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

This type of rule is one of my pet peeves. Luckily, the Taco Places around me DO offer sauces nearly every time (and often when they don't they just give me a bunch automatically). Of course, they do give me more than I need. One per small item (taco/chalupa is plenty), or 3-4 for a large item (like Nacho de Really Big).

However, my local Ronnie's Burger Shack (and their competitor the Duke of the Flame-cooked beef sammich) almost NEVER ask me if I want ketchup for fries even if I ask for extra ketchup on the burger (and I often specify I want a lot... I have used the phrase "sliding off the bun" before to get my point across). And I almost always forget to ask for packets, so I don't get any ketchup. Sometimes I ask at the speaker when I'm placing the order and it doesn't get relayed to the window guy. However, I don't get sucky about it to the employees in any of these cases... I just curse a little under my breath when I get home and take my food out of the bag, sans ketchup packets. And the little red-haired girl never asks if I want hot sauce for my chili... but since that's not quite as common I don't mind it as much.

And oddly enough, when those 2 burger joints DO ask me if I want ketchup I'm usually not ordering fries... like I subbed in onion rings or didn't get a side at all. Now the cowboy hat folks, they do ask me if I want sauces nearly all the time.

A similar gripe is with a pizza place named for a mode of transportation (could be regional chain).. They offer flavored crust (similar to how another chain, called HH does), and I forget like 80% of the time to request it. They don't ask so I end up getting the pizza home and taking a few bites, then realizing I forgot to ask for Turbo. I calmly asked one time I DID remember if there was a "notes" field in their computer where they could put that I DO want Turbo Crust automatically. There isn't, so I just left it at that... and hopefully I remember next time.

It's not necessarily that customers don't want to ask (with some exceptions mentioned earlier in the thread), but they forget. There's no reason to be belligerent about it like those customers are, though... but it is a pretty stupid policy. I mean, fries = ketchup!!! And to not ask if they want hot sauce for a taco?? What is management thinking?? I often say no as I'm eating on the run and can't mess with it, but if I'm taking it home to eat I'm gonna want some.

Comment

I thought it was obvious that places like Taco Bell has sauce in the condiment area. So if you're in drive thru you just ask. *shrug* Whatever.

Anyways I have a friend that literally pisses me off about damn sauce. He's the guy who wants LOTS. Doesn't know how many, but wants LOTS. When a cashier gives him 5 or 6 for a burrito he wants more. They give him a couple more and he wants more. I don't even say anything in defense of the cashier anymore. I used to and he'd act like I just committed treason. I just walk off or if he starts complaining to me about them not giving him enough sauce I just tell him not my problem. Don't even get me started on hot sauce and mustard cause he drowns his food in that stuff. I don't think he knows what the word moderation means.

Comment

I just take whatever sauce whether I need it or not. A lot of folks have a "shit drawer" for just that purpose.

Here is mine :

Obviously, we like Chinese food. You're more than welcome to come on by for some duck sauce if you don't get enough, Jester !!
                            Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Moon View Post
                              I mean, fries = ketchup!!!
                              Not necessarily. When I get McD's fries, I don't put anything on them. They're too good as-is. Ketchup and other sauces are for fries that are not as good on their own.

I don't usually get asked if I want sauce unless I'm getting chicken nuggets, though today when we picked up lunch at McD's they actually asked if I wanted ketchup. Had I left with my food any sooner, though, they wouldn't have had the chance, so it was kind of an afterthought thing.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Yes, inside they are in a central area for you to grab what you need... but when you're in the drive-thru you have like 20 seconds to interact with the employee. It is VERY easy to forget to ask for ketchup / hot sauce/whatever and not remember until you are 10 miles away digging through your bag. The customers mentioned by the OP handled it very poorly, and were extremely sucky. However, PROHIBITING employees from asking customers if they want condiments is poor customer service on the part of upper management and is partially to blame for attracting this type of reaction. I wondered why certain burger joints never ask anymore. Now, if these places could have a sign up stating "condiments only provided upon request" at the appropriate window people like me see this and think "oh yeah, I need to ask for ketchup... thanks for the reminder" while those who don't need it don't get it (saving the .00002 cents per wasted packet). Thus everyone would win. Granted you still have true SCs like those mentioned earlier who don't read signs and blame the workers, but you'd have those even if workers were allowed to ask.

I never give attitude to the employees over this... like I stated earlier I just mutter to myself once I get somewhere I can eat and find no packets. I just don't like the policy as it stands. Remember, it used to be automatic... and they often lead you through the order anyway (what drink / upsizing / other items) so it's not too unreasonable to think condiments would be provided or at least suggested. It IS unreasonable, however, to throw a tantrum when this expectation is not met.

Comment

Working...
                                X