X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer's take on overy friendly employees

http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-friendly.html

People comment in this thread regarding their feelings about overly friendly employees.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-27-2016, 06:34 PM.

All I want is polite customer service. I notice the fake, over friendly thing more in the restaurant business than in retail though. Especially from those places that want their servers to sit in the booth with you, and things like that.

Comment

Once you start going by a script in your friendliness, it no longer feels natural, and just weirds me out. I'm introverted, and if I detect even the slightest hint of insincerity, I close myself off even more.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I just want my issue to be solved, and assume everyone does too. I don't call tech support too often, but when I go to makeup stores the employees are all smiling like crazy and saying, anything I can do? Can I help you to find something?? Toothy smiles really creep me out for some reason. I think of the joker and creepy clowns.
        Tho I find when I'm the worker, if I don't ask about their day they think me rude and an uncaring scrooge. :/
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Blame the people at the top who force staff to act like creepy Stepford Wives.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Yes, and I wish customers would contact Corporate and tell them to knock off the phoniness, and give the customers the fast, efficient, knowledgeable service without the song and dance.

Corporate is getting insane with that nonsense. They genuinely think that customers want that sort of hyper-cheerful nonsense. Our store's come out with new nonsense along those lines, and I dread having to implement it.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Yes, and I wish customers would contact Corporate and tell them to knock off the phoniness, and give the customers the fast, efficient, knowledgeable service without the song and dance.

Corporate is getting insane with that nonsense. They genuinely think that customers want that sort of hyper-cheerful nonsense. Our store's come out with new nonsense along those lines, and I dread having to implement it.
              Nope nope nope nope nope! I do not need the attention on me longer than is necessary. All I want is a quality product and polite service. Your corp is giving horrible customer service to introverts!
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I effin hate this this whole 'overly friendly' thing that's been going on for the last decade or so, and every time I think it can't get worse, it does. I'm sick of being given scripted, forced-friendly answers, I'm sick of being hammered with offers for loyalty or 'store' credit cards, and I'm really, really, REALLY sick of those retarded surveys.

Talk to me like I'm a fellow human being. I work for a living, too. I know it's all fake. Make it go away already, it isn't fooling anyone.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  When I'm being cheerful it's usually genuine because I almost can't fake it. I have on occasion, and it was exhausting.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Nope nope nope nope nope! I do not need the attention on me longer than is necessary. All I want is a quality product and polite service. Your corp is giving horrible customer service to introverts!
                    As a fellow introvert, I have to agree here. I find it extremely creepy and I detested having to do that spiel when the Litter Box was going through that phase a few years ago of greeting everyone who walked in the door.

All that phoniness makes me want to stay home away from other people!
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X