Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mrs. Can't Take A Hint, Time Consumer and The Effiecient Decision Makers (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Can't Take A Hint, Time Consumer and The Effiecient Decision Makers (long)

So this is my first post and I decided to tell you about my experiences with SCs. These three incidents have all happened in the past 36 hours. Here we go:

(Oh, I work in a pizza place BTW)

Mrs. Can't Take A Hint

At around 1:30 we stop taking most deliveries. If it is going across town, the driver won't do it since he lives out of town and wants to get home at a decent time.

Me:
    B: Co-worker
    SC: hmmm....

Call 1: (not 100% sure on how this one went but I could imagine something like this)

B: Blank's Pizza
    SC: Ya, I'd like to get a delivery
    B: Okay, where to?
    SC: *naming somewhere across town*
    B: Hold on one second.... (asks driver if he wants to take it)
    B: I have just been informed that we aren't delivering out that far, sorry about that.
    SC: Okay, Bye.

Call 2 about 3 minutes later: (I should give some info. I am the owner's son so I won't get into trouble for doing something minor)

Me: Blank's Pizza, Sorry we are closed. (I saw the same name on the phone so I didn't want to go through that again)
    SC: Ok, bye.

Call 3: Ugggh, can't take a hint.

B: Blank's Pizza, sorry we are closed.
    SC: *click*

Call 4: Still going....

Me: Blank's Pizza, sorry we are closed.
    SC: *click*

Me: She called again and hung up without saying anything again.
    B: Let me handle it if she calls again.
    Me: Okay.

Call 5:

B: *click* (just picked up the phone and hung it up)

Call 6: By now we are pissed off so I am going to explain to her that we are closed. It's almost 1:45 by now.

Me: Blank's Pizza
    SC (on speaker phone): Yes, I would like to know your hours)
    Me: We usually close up around 1:45, so that would actually make us closed right now.
    SC: Then why would you guys answer the phone if you are closed.
    Me: It's a courtesy to customers so they don't continue call us wondering why we are not picking up the phone. (Trust me, it happens a lot)
    SC: Okay. *click*

Time Consumer

It's Saturday dinner rush, it's busy and hot. I have a bunch of orders and don't have time for customers to pitter-putter on the phone.

Me: Blank's Pizza
    SC: Ya, I'd like to know what today's specials are.
    Me: Just our everyday ones.
    SC: Which are?
    Me: Do you want pizza or pizza and wings?
    SC: Pizza and wings
    Me: Do you want a twelve slice or twenty-four slice?
    SC: Twenty four.
    Me: With twenty or forty wings?
    SC: Give me the price on both.
    Me: *gives both prices without tax* (I am annoyed at this point)
    SC: What about the prices on just pizza?
    Me: *gives those prices*
    SC: What were the prices on the pizza and wings specials again?
    Me: *gives price without tax*
    SC: Oh, what will it come to with tax? (At this point, It's been a few good minutes, and I have orders I really need to do)
    Me: Please hold for a minute. (throws phone to B) She wants to talk to you.

I let B deal with her.

The Effecient Decision Maker

SC: What can we get special wise for under $30?
    Me: *lists a couple*
    SC: Ok well get the 24.
    Me: Alright, what would you like on it?
    SC: Give me a sec.... Hey Bobby, what do you want on your pizza?
    Voice in Background: Pepperoni, Olives and Bacon
    Another Voice: No, I don't like olives or bacon. I want extra-cheese.
    Another Voice: I want more pepperoni.
    SC: How about Mushrooms
    AV: Ewww. Nooo.
    Voice: I want sausage.
    *this goes on for another minute until they finally order*

If you are going to order pizza, know what are you going to get on it first or call back when you are ready. It's not rocket science, it's common sense.
    Last edited by whotheman17; 06-10-2007, 04:29 PM.

Yeesh, why do people ask for the price of items w/o tax? It's not like we can't charge tax or anything. And that first woman, good gravvy! She must have time to burn if she calls a pizza place six times, those last people were inconsiderate as hell I mean damn, MAKE UP YOUR MIND DIMWITS.

Comment

No wonder the pizza place(s) I order from love me. I know their hours, don't call anytime CLOSE to closing, know what I want, order it without a fuss and don't need a price check on every little thing. Oh, and I tip well, too.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Geez, this woman has nothing better to do at 1:30 in the morning? Go to bed!!

And when I worked in the store, we answered the phone after closing all the time (granted, we didn't have caller ID) cuz it might be an employee's spouse/parent/kid/whoever calling...

Oh, and !
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth whotheman17 View Post
          SC: Then why would you guys answer the phone if you are closed?
          Why do you continue to call when you know that we are closed?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            Why do you continue to call when you know that we are closed?

That happened to me all the time. Upper management expected us to answer the phone as long as we were in the office, even though we closed at 5 pm. We had a couple of paralegals that would call either right at or a few minutes after close to get a policy or ask for changes, etc. And we've had some clients that "knew" it was closing time, but wanted a major policy done that day "if it wasn't too much trouble." And we couldn't say no or imply that we'd really like to get home to our families because they would call the home office to complain.

Since I was often the last to leave, I just wouldn't answer the phone when the clock hit 5 pm. There were times when the phone would ring, go to voice mail and then ring again. And they kept doing this "hang-up and re-dial" routine for a solid 15 minutes while I calmly filed my stuff away, did the mail and all the other closing tasks. Sorry, but you had all day to call about your policy. I'm not going to stay here all night because you have no life and choose to work until 10 pm.
            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth whotheman17 View Post
              If you are going to order pizza, know what are you going to get on it first or call back when you are ready. It's not rocket science, it's common sense.
              I seldom know exactly what I am going to order when I call for pizza. I have a general idea in that I know what my family normally would prefer, my final order depends on what specials are to be had.
              Tamezin

Comment

Working...
              X