This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Pizza Chain Does Awesome

Late at night a few weeks ago, I placed a pizza order to a local chain, taking advantage of a special they had on their 'specialty pizzas'.

Two key points here:

1) One of the 'specialties' was simply a 'pick 4 toppings', and

2) when you do select this, they pre-fill a 'suggested' set of toppings (bad idea, IMO, as when you go in and fix it to be as you want it, their order summary sidebar says "minus <removed suggested topping>", followed by "add <desired topping>", which appears very confusing.

Paid just fine, and waited for arrival. Now, I live only a few blocks from the place, but I don't drive, and so when I do order from them, I'm good for $5 to the driver. Cash when possible, but I'll put it in the card if I need to.

Anyway, when the pizza got here, I got a call from the driver's cell letting me know he'd be here in 30 seconds. Signed the slip, got my food and went in, only to find they'd pooched the order. Instead of green olives, I'd gotten sausage (one of the 'suggested toppings').

Well, I used the call-back function on my phone to get the driver's cell (in hindsight, probably not the best of moves), which would be faster than the call center, and probably less of a hassle. I calmly told him what had happened, and even offered to show/surrender the mistaken one. The driver said not to worry about it, and he'd get a correct one made. Considering I was getting hungry, I took him at his word, and since the mistake wasn't completely inedible, well, while I waited, I dug into a slice of it.

After a short time, the driver came back, and when I answered the door, he said "The manager took one look at the order and said 'I really butchered that one, didn't I?'"

I, again, offered to at least show the original pizza, and the driver said "Nah, I believe ya", and left me to my meal.

Being light on cash as I've been fairly recently, having that second pizza was definitely a good thing.

I've noticed you usually get what you give when it comes to getting problems sorted out. I'm almost positive if I was either a known stiffer, or had been rude and obnoxious when calling back, I would have been told to return that first one. Instead, I got leftovers that lasted me an entire week.

I very much agree with your last statement. I've gotten several perks for being a polite regular. Old management at the Subway I used to frequent gave me 10% if any of them were on duty, without me even asking. Another place gave me free sodas, again without me even asking.

Oh, and I've even gotten a free pizza out of a mixed up order. I handled it in a polite way just like the TC. I gave my brother the mistake. He gave me a case of Dr. Pepper in return. Everyone was happy.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Awesome to give credit for good work. I've gone to www.planetfeedback.com to leave good letters like that. They go to corporate headquarters and the employee gets the recognition they deserve.

Comment

Working...
      X