This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit my tongue on this one........

I was on my way home from Virginia last night. After being on the road for about 5 hours I had to stop and get a coffee or i'd fall asleep at the wheel - i was so tired

I stopped at the first gas station/C-store I got into on I-79......I went and got a coffee and a snack cake. Apparently there was a shift change and the cashier closed out the drawer......okay I understand that and all........but the register kept printing and printing......apparently it was printing every single transaction it'd done that day

The cashier began talking to her two loud and annoying friends standing there......while a line formed (myself second in line) and all of us kind of griping to each other about how long it was taking (when it had been 10 minutes). About 30 feet of receipt printed out over the next 10 minutes while we all waited. We kept on hearing the cashier's friend talk about her sexual encounters

Finally, 25 minutes later, it was ready to go! My coffee had gotten fairly cold by this point so after paying, i got another cup. I got home an hour and a half later thanks to the wonderful detour courtesy of PennDot

Moving in 2 weeks.....nervous as can be

Unfortunately when tills are closed off a lot of them do print off all the transactions. Our tills don't, but when we close off our card machines, they do.

But the employee shouldn't have been talking about personal things in front of you, that's unprofessional. Not much they could do about the till though.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Was there at least an apology involved? Did they at least apologize for the long wait? I know counting out the till would take awhile, but still, throw a "sorry, it took so long" to the customers or maybe a "thank you for waiting . . ." some sort of courtesy . . .
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

no, no apology. sorry i forgot to clarify that.

Comment

The place I go to regularly solved that solution by having two registers that they alternate shifts with. They bring the one that's been down back up, then take the one that the last shift was using down afterwards. I know this because I've gotten to be good friends with the guy that usually pulls 2nd shift (2pm-11pm) and we occasionally chill and chow down on a pizza I bring over when I get off work around 9-10.

Oddly enough, apparently my money is no good there when it comes to paying for fountain-drink refills.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I'm sure it wasn't the employees' faults that you happened to go in during a shift change. However, they shouldn't have been having personal discussions of that nature.

When I worked at the gas station, during the shift change we'd apologize to every customer who was waiting to pump gas, buy stuff, etc. and tell them that we're during a shift change and they can be taken care of in a few minutes. (Actual wait times depended on how busy the shift was.)

Most people were understanding. Some weren't. Sorry. It's not as if we decided to suspend service just to piss you off.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It's very possible it was printing the monthly report, which WILL take time.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

hmmmm, I didn't think of that. Oops!....*hides in corner*

Comment

Quoth Quitbuggingmeandgoaway View Post
                  We kept on hearing the cashier's friend talk about her sexual encounters
                  Hey, I can't help it if people brag about me

Comment

Working...
                  X