This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Silvercat View Post
    People have always thought computers were magic.
    Hell, how many people do you know who can explain how fire works? No matter how much or how little technology we have, there will always be someone who prefers to think of it as magic.

Comment

Quoth Silvercat View Post
      Unfortunately I've read similar stories from before Harry Potter.... People have always thought computers were magic.
      "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke, Profiles of The Future, 1961 (Clarke's third law)
      Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

There are some people who are so afraid of understanding technology that they actually prefer to live in unenlightened ignorance and act like everything works by magic.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          I think I know what these people want. they want one of those magical cameras and the moving pictures that it produces that JK Rowling writes about in the Harry Potter books( although I believe that they have been reading Harry Potter waaaayyyyy too much and believe all that magic is true LOL)
          That's exactly what I thought!!!

Comment

every photo job should come with a CCW and a 25 bag idiot hunting license
            DILLIGAF

Comment

I woulda grabbed a hand mirror, put the pic up to it and asked the guy, "Is THAT your picture?"
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I think everyone who works in photo has had this!
                I had someone wanting to have their knee removed from a picture as it was obscuring a picture of her grandkids.

But the best one I had consisted of photos of a prom. A lady came in to collect the photos, and when she looked at them, told me they weren't all hers. 1-15 were someone elses, and 16-27 were hers. So, I looked at the negative and the barcode matched all the way down the cut strips. She also had an index print - which our machine will not produce unless the negative is a whole roll (as soon as it's cut into strips, it is impossible to produce or reproduce the index).

She swore up and down that our machine had done the impossible, or that the processor had switched her and someone elses negatives - again, not possible. She was screaming, shouting, telling me they were the only photos of her daughter in her prom dress with her family, and that I personally had ruined the prom because of the "lost" photos.

After about 20 minutes racking my brains, I worked out what had happened. The lady had used a disposable camera, and they all look the same. So, they had taken photos earlier in the evening in the garden with the family, then the daughter had taken the camera to the prom . At some point in the evening the camera had been put down on a table next to another the same camera and had been swapped around.

Lady wanted a refund. Refund refused - my advice was to find the people in the rest of the photos and swap around. Same prom = same school.

Comment

Quoth Linda View Post
                  I had someone wanting to have their knee removed from a picture as it was obscuring a picture of her grandkids.
                  Ever have a guy who wanted you to remove the clothing from the women in the pictures?

(I swear, that wasn't me...)
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                  X