Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever had a customer smell so bad, it almost made you vomit?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a matter of funds or wherewithal for many of these people.

My boss has a long-time associate that I've never had the dubious pleasure of meeting.

This associate has plenty of money and tons of resources, but he's got something wired wrong in his brain and will not bathe with water. Instead, he bathes in ammonia.

And it's not an uncommon thing for people to be phobic about bathing in water. I'm just thankful I'm not one of them.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had one of many hygenically challenged folks in my line. She was nice but had no concept of bathe till you don't stink! My manager got a couple in the same day and he begged for a candle afterwards. I may get him a hotplate for his birthday.

Comment

Since I now work on the phones, I can't smell them anymore (thank goodness), but when I worked in a convenience store a fellow came in who smelled like he lived in a litter box. It was so bad that I still remember it 10 years later. I gagged when I was ringing him up-I couldn't help it. That smell lingered. I hate air freshener, but boy did I spray it when he left.
        Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
        ~Oscar Wilde

Comment

Having worked in a video game store...you get some of the foulest people in there. People who get so wrapped in their games, they would forget to shower, then they would sweat out Mtn Dew and funyuns, mixed with BO...the worst smell in the world. This was often.

At my recent job, we had a girl who worked there that smelled like cat piss and old milk. It got so bad, no one would help her, and we told her and our manager about it. Her manager didn't do much, but our manager sent her home to bathe. She didnt come back for a week, but after that week, she came back and smelled fine.

Comment

We had a guy at the snack bar that my boss affectionately called "Pigpen". He never trimmed his nails, never trimmed his beard or hair and maybe changed clothes once a week. He also seemed to avoid deodorant and bathing. He was also with the gamers, who I hung out with and played Magic with after work. As long as I sat across the table from him, I was fine. The boys were such gents to the maybe three girls that hung out with them, they let us sit across from him rather than next to him.

He was an okay guy, though. Bit of a pest, but not terrible.

Comment

There's a guy who pops by my workplace, usually on fridays. You can smell him coming from almost 50 feet off. God help those downwind of him.

He came up to the front desk once, and my attempt to inconspicuously hold my breath failed. I took a slight bit of air in (you know, to survive), and my throat had a cold, minty burn in it for the next 2 hours.

I couldn't describe the smell, because I've been fortunate enough not to have to smell it for long enough.

No good news is good bad news

Comment

I was at the grocery store the other day and turned to head down an aisle. It appeared I started this lady who was blocking my way... she kept moving her cart to try and stop me from passing while acting like she was browsing the shelves... I squeezed around and got past her... Then I realized why she was trying to stop me... she (i presume) had just left the world's nastiest fart lingering behind her. I was awful.... I had to stop breathing until I got about 20 yards down the aisle.

Comment

Had someone come through the line next to mine yesterday, reeking of B.O.

I nearly passed out the smell was so bad the and the people I was ringing up must of smelled too because I saw their noses wrinkle up a little.

My dad is Turkish, so we occasionally go see his family, flying out of Chicago. Holy Cow. Last year, I swear I had the worst 12 hours of my life. I sat next to this hairy man I didn't even know who didn't believe in wearing deoderant. The ENTIRE PLANE reeked. And the sad part was he wasn't alone in smelling horrible! If you can buy a $950 plane ticket, you sure has heck can afford a $3 stick of deoderant.

Comment

I work(ed) with a lady who smells so bad of BO that I couldn't stand 5 feet away to bag groceries for her. It's a good thing our store doesn't have baggers, because then I probably would have been trapped there with her all day. Instead, I sort of just wandered to another register.

But the WORST! was this old dude who smelled like BO, cat pee, and dirt, all left out to marinate in the sun for like a decade. This man was FOUL. My eyes were watering, and I was starting to gag. I could hardly breathe. The others at our counter were having similar problems, but I was like 2 feet from the guy, so I was miserable. The coworker next to me at the counter was running back and forth spraying room deodorizer in plain view of the guy. Other customers were looking all horrified, saying, "What's that smell?" And the others at my counter were all making discreet mentions/motions that it was the old man.

I ended up having to go outside for air. My coworkers said I was starting to turn green. I came back and the guy was still up there. He finally wandered away, but the smell lingered for the better part of the day. I spent a lot of time standing in front of a fan, and I kept worrying that I had stink fumes on me.

Comment

We had three the other morning, one after the other. One lady who must have had 30 cats at her house, none of whom were litter-trained. (Simply speculation, based on the fouled ammonia odor that attacked my eyes.) Since she's a small woman and in a wheelchair, I had to go out around the kiosk to take a clipboard with her contract on it to her and spend time showing her how to use her phone. I'm still amazed that I could control my stomach. My coworker got one with the world's foulest breath that even I could smell on the other side of the kiosk, and the third was someone who'd apparently never been given instructions for bathing or washing clothing. He left some kind of dark residue on the counter where he leaned on it and left bits of filthy skin. My eyes water and my throat constricts just thinking about them.

Comment

we have one customer come in the store quite frequently and he smells so bad that the insides of my nose start burning....when I see him I put a little bit of the alcahol hand sanitizer we use at the checkstands under my nose to "numb" it up and relieve some of the horrendus smell coming from him. And whats worse he likes to come right up to you to ask you stupid shit or just make small talk.
                        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

smelly people

omg I had this homeless guy com in and use our microwave and the smell that came was the most horrible smell. It was like he found some road kill that was spoiled with the sun and heated it up. Or store smelled so bad we had to evacuate it and him of course to let it air out some before we could even go in it to spray stuff that didn't help. All day long people came in and wrinkled their noses and would walk right back out. I will never in my life forget that smell. To this day my stomach still turns. We thought he was cooking rotton fish so when we told him he could not use our microwave anymore he kept saying something about gas but we didn't let him finish we just told him to get out!

Comment

I've yet to have this issue at Macy's, but at the library, we have a guy who comes in on a daily basis, and smells like he just took a dump in his pants. As far as I know, he isn't homeless, but he IS somewhat overweight & can't walk without the aid of a cane, so it's possible that he might have to use adult diapers or something.

Comment

I'm a waitress and there used to be an old guy who would come in several times during the week and we called him "Stinky Man." He smelled horrible of body odor and urine. I literally held my breath when I stood next to him taking his order, and I held my breath when I brought out his food and gave him the check too. I was so tempted to use air freshener spray when he left!!

He was well-liked though, because so often people would come in, see him there and sit with him at his table. I could never understand how they tolerated the smell while they ate their food!!

Comment

Last night, I was working with a customer that must smoke 5 packs a day. This guy STUNK of tobacco. It was bad enough that my eyes watered if I got too close to him. Luckily, I was able to say that my contacts had dried out on me. I made sure to keep the counter between us, even when he tried to come around and ask me a bunch of questions.

Why the hell do people smoke anyway? It doesn't look cool at all. You have to go outside to get your fix at most places. It causes all kinds of health problems. It makes you age prematurely. And it makes you SMELL.
                                A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
                                X