This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outages

Oh, I have a couple of these wonderful types of issues here. Over the weekend a vendor of ours had a MAJOR issue which caused a nice rolling outage for us and them, so I monitor the tickets, talk to the vendors and let our customers know this. Our normal policy is 7-14 days we can send out a document that says what happened, this relies on the vendor and our engineers saying "Yup that's what cause it" we had one customer tell us our policy was too long and inconvenient for them and we WILL have the RFO in 2 days or else he will speak to management. Our boss reads all tickets and emails in so he replies "I already read this, our policy is 7-14 days, and that is that." (yeah this kinda had a nice ending but people expect the impossible in the communications world..)

2ND tale: A vendor sent us an emergency maintenance, it was scheduled to take place about 2 hours after I got this call "Yes you sent us an emergency maintenance at 11AM today, this will NOT work you WILL have them change the date and time as we do not agree with it." Me: Uh, the vendor says its emergency and they will NOT change it, nothing we can do. He hangs up, and calls back, expecting to get someone else HAH! rinse repeat, he calls back a 3rd time, so I use my "really good Russian accent and tell him that the maintenance WILL go through and he can NOT have it changed and to have a good day." and that ended that.

Only good thing is I can be honest, and tell people off at my job, and my boss backs me... Only because he records every call I take overnight and listens to them the next day.
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Nice, and with a boss that backs you as well.

Comment

Working...
    X