Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn, dude! Tell us how you really feel! (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, dude! Tell us how you really feel! (long)

Last week, as I was going into the email queue, I decided to venture into the "unhappy with service" section. I usually never answer these but one caught my eye.

It was 3 words long (well if you want to consider 1 letter a word):

NOTE: His letters in bold.

"U fucking suck."

My response: "I'm sorry for any issues you may be having but please let us know what your issue is without using foul language. Thanks."

His response:

"Wait a fucking minute, after the experience my girlfriend and I went through on a laptop repair you expect me to be civil to you?!

Here's what happened, since you so badly want to hear it, 4 months ago I bought a laptop with a service plan. Recently, I was having video issues with it so I brought it in to have it looked at. After their diagnosis they told me it was the mainboard going out and needed to send it off. Fine. Well it took them 3 damn weeks to get my laptop back, and when I got home the laptop was dead! So I took it back (I was alone) where they determined that the mainboard that your repair center installed must have been DOA - why would your service center install a DOA mainboard into a laptop and not bother to check? Ever heard of quality control?!

I was pissed, but I agreed to have them send it back out. The tech's response to all this was "In this day and age of mass produced electronics you're always going to have a chance of failure it's the nature of the beast." Okay that may be true if the computer was working and it broke months later after a bunch of use, but to say that in response to lack of checking? What a lame ass attempt to cover up for the service center's idiocy!

So another 2 weeks goes by, so my girlfriend and I went back to the store to pick it up. Wonders never cease, this time I made sure to check it and it worked! However, what happened next was not even related to the computer. My girlfriend (who can be considered attractive by most of the male population) was wearing a tank top, after all she isn't going to be wearing a turtleneck in this weather. She bent down to tie her shoe and the tech was doing nothing but staring down her top the WHOLE FUCKING TIME. He thought he was slick but I caught him. What the hell? I wanted to punch him, but I decided to complain to his manager who looked at me like I insulted his tech's manhood and told me to call the corporate office. So I did....

....Where they offered me a gift card! Holy shit! After a lack of quality control, the first tech's non-caring response to cover it up and the second tech sexually harassing my girlfriend, why would I want to go back to that store and spend more money?! Oh just one thing, you better thank your lucky stars my girlfriend is lenient, otherwise that tech would have a sexual harassment complaint against his ass.

So there you have it. You wanted me to explain my issue. Well there was my issue. HAPPY NOW? In closing, [store] and corporate can go bite me! Goodbye, ASSHOLES!"

Okay, I can see where he would be pissed (especially on the service center's lack of QA). But a couple of things on this one: They first guy would probably get in trouble for slamming the service center, so he probably came up with that response to avoid bashing anyone. As far as the 2nd tech, he probably just glanced. I don't know of any straight male that wouldn't try to peek which is probably why the manager just punted him to corporate. If he leered, then I could see the guy getting pissed.

I just let his response go. My co-worker warned me that he would probably email a long rant. So not totally SC but.... calm down and breath, man. Breath.....
    Last edited by sld72382; 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM.

Something's not right about that story.

So for the whole time it took her to tie her shoe, and her boyfriend knew she could be "looked at" it didn't occur to him to ask her to move? My take on it is that she did it directly in front of the guy and he didn't have a chance to move positions without "looking".
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Sounds like someone isn't very secure in their relationship......
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

^^Yeah really.^^

I can understand his anger, too, but as usual it's misdirected at the e-mail rep, phone rep, etc.

I hope this is a good tip for everyone and not just me (I don't know if every place would work like this):

One of my greatest escape routes is the fact that I am one employee in one section of the company which is pretty much separate from the others in operations, just as each of the others are. Given this or at least the assumption of customers that this is the case, I can rather easily sidestep awkward questions about why $people_not_in_my_department did this or didn't do that by saying they're a separate section/department/entity and we here at this phone number don't really know what their policy and procedures may be. And then I agree with them about how whatever they're complaining about makes sense (if it does) and say something about how I wish I knew exactly why $department does things the way it does and that's pretty much it.

Comment

As a woman I wouldn't consider one peek "harassment" unless the guy was obnoxious about it. Sounds to me more like the customer just didn't like anybody else looking at his girlfriend.

I get why he's angry about the board not working, but not so much with the time frame. Customers always think their problem is more important than anybody else's. If they had other work that came in before his, he just had to wait his turn. Now, if he was told it would only take a couple of days, they should have called him to tell him otherwise. But the vulgar language was unnecessary. He sounds like a jerk.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            But the vulgar language was unnecessary. He sounds like an insecure jerk.
            Edited for accuracy.
            Don't just do something...sit there!

Comment

Working...
            X