This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    What? No gopher and a determined groundskeeper?
    Let's not forget the Baby Ruth in the pool.

Comment

A legend said that golf was 18 holes because that's how long it took to drink a bottle of Scotch.

Too bad it's not true.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Another legend deals with how the diameter of a golf hole was decided. At St. Andrews, golfers were annoyed because the holes kept getting bigger as the season progressed (just a hole cut in the dirt, so the edges eroded). Somebody found a piece of pipe lying around and cut sections of it to use as liners to stop the erosion. It worked, and everyone was happy.

Years later, someone wanted to standardize things. Since St. Andrews is the hallowed home of golf, someone measured the diameter of the holes, and declared that the standard.

I'm sure a lot of amateur golfers would LOVE to get their hands on a time machine and a length of 6 inch drain pipe.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm right there with them, Wolfie. BTW, for getting post #18 on this thread.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
            Let's not forget the Baby Ruth in the pool.
            DOODIE!

Quoth catcul View Post
            A legend said that golf was 18 holes because that's how long it took to drink a bottle of Scotch.

Too bad it's not true.
            If it were John Daly drinking the scotch, it would be one hole and goodbye.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X