Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, you don't want your service changed? We've decided you do anyway.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, you don't want your service changed? We've decided you do anyway.

Seeing someone else's post today about a customer complaining about their internet speed getting changed reminded me of a story from several years ago.

We used to do tech support for a clinic up the street. They had Big V for internet and had a static IP address. They made their money by sending out electronic billing every day.

One day one of the office people got a phone call from Big V asking if they wanted their internet speed increased. She replied in the negative as they were happy with what they had.

Two days later, their internet got turned off.

After fighting back and forth on the phone with Big V's tech support and billing department we finally got them to turn the internet back on. That took a day. (Tuesday, to be exact)

When the internet was back on we discovered they had not given them a static IP address, which they needed. Back to the phone again. This time, the person we spoke to said they might be able to get it arranged by the end of the week.

"But they have medical billing to do. They're losing money. And how come you guys could just turn off their internet access remotely and yet now you're telling me it'll be a couple of days to get what they want?"

Honestly, I forget the answer I was given but I believe it to do with processing the order and getting it to the right department.

Well screw that.

Getting permission from the head muckity muck I called Big C cable and told them exactly what we needed.

They had a guy out the next morning to install a cable box and they had their static IP ready to go. That took less than 18 hours. By Thursday at lunch they were back up and running.

Big C might be the greater or lesser of the two evils, but they came through that day.
Working...
X