Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in which i know i am a little sucky out of frustration but the cashier is still worse

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in which i know i am a little sucky out of frustration but the cashier is still worse

OK so school is back in session. i realized i forgot to buy notebooks yesterday so decided after class today to head to the malwart near by to get a few.

so today every class i am has not only its heat on (in september.... in arizona.... IN ARIZONA!!!!!) but apparently has that heat set to hells inferno number 5. Add to that while i did clean up the night before i didn't want to shower this morning so within like 30 minutes im feeling the pain and offending even myself.

frustration levels are now at level 3 above basic levels but not bad.

my math teacher tells me that buy the cheaper digital verison of the book for her class (which is why frustration levels where able to jump to level 3 because ive already freaking taken it but no one believes me) will basically mean an instana-fail.
    goodie another 60 bucks

frustration level now at 5- grumble

get on a bus, apparently everyone has never been on a bus before and either not using seats available to them but blocking them or dont understand that the entire length of the bus is available and this leads to a human hairball all clustered in the front leaving a big area empty and ignoring the driver to move back and not allowing anyone through back there.

frustration level now 7, just a little bit more human interaction then shower and avoiding human beings and caffiene and sugar.

ok so now im at malwart. i grab my notebooks... decide that the fact that i am farther north and higher up and have had a few cold feet moments at night i should grab some slippers before every student realizes all the talk of cold winters isnt a lie and clears them out. I also see clearence work out pants which would be good for a) working out and b) when i want to wear some lighter clothing while doing chores. so i grab a pair of long shorts and a pair of yoga pants and head for a register.

now there are 5 registers open. the alcohol and cigerettes register which is scarily backed-up the, two regular registers both about 4 deep with people with very full carts, self-checkout which has only 3 check-ours and has a line 6 deep and speedy checkout or 20 items of less. with only 3 people in line. i have a total of 9 items. I just want to go home. it is the shortest line.

so the person at the front checks out there 7 items and leaves no fuss while im concidering getting my caffiene now because i know im addicted or if i can wait and i dont realize why the people where willing to wait for the self-checkout.

see not only was the speedy lady rather slow she but no one in line told the yuppie lady behind the first person in line that a full cart (by which i mean about 20 bags) should go to a regular line. Not only doe she have a full cart but she also wants 100 dollars cash back and after getting it decided to stay and whine fore 2 minutes that the cashier who openly says she is about to leave so her register hadn't recently been restocked doesn't have enough lower domination bills to give her 100 dollars cash back in anything but a 100 bill.

frustration level.... high. you can make it through this slicey you can make it through this.

i don't point out when the cashier forget to ring up the girl in front of me drink because at this point i dont want to watch her figure out how to double a ring item. and hand her my items in hopes of being rung and out of there fast.

she rings up one pair of pants and starts searching the second for the tag. opps i didn't look and the pair i grabbed are tagless. she instead of calling to get someone to grab another pair looks at me and says 'go get another one where you got this.' fine i run back find the place where they are grab the first on in front, check it has a tag, and run back. I hand it over.

she looks at the pants and says 'these aren't the same.' Im confused and until i look again and see that while they are the same style the originals have a gray band and these have a black band. I say 'they are the same style that one just has a black band.' the lady looks again and then back at me and says 'these aren't the same.'

frustration levels-bitch mode. I know i shouldn't i know but i she didn't look at the label and didn't call for help.

I say 'you got to be kidding me fine ' and run back. I then proceed to grab the first 10 pairs of pant on the rack (i might have grabbed them all but there where like 35 pairs and i wasn't in crazy rage mode) taking care to make sure that there are some not only with tags but in the same color scheme and the same size as the original pair as well as sizes down a bit.

I head back resist the urge to toss them on the counter and hand them over the lady and say 'here pick one'. the lady looks at all the pants and looks at me and says 'these aren't the same as those'. The lady behind me in line visibly backs up and i take a deep breath. i look her in the eye and say ' i literally grabbed multiple of the same pair. heck you can even ring up and give me on of the ones in my original size at this point i don't freaking care (i dont curse unless im tired or im pass bitch mode. and i was holding on to bitch mode for the time being). Just finish ringing me up so i can go'.

the lady looks at the pants again. she picks one. she rings it up, and stares at the screen. she hold on the pants and looks at me and says 'theses are petite do you wear petite sizes'.

bitch mode please don't explode into rage mode please dont go away....

I stare at her and say 'I'm 5'3" and have short legs yes i wear petite' she stares at me some more before finally deciding that i can infact have what i have already put in my payment info in to buy and finally bags them. I grab my bags wait for the payment to go through then stand there waiting for my receipt.

she starts to ring up the lady behind me who already talked anyone else from not geting into the line because she can see this could possibly end in rage mode and stops to look at me in surpise. She says, like she is talking to someone stupid, 'was there anything else'. I glare and say 'Yeah i need my receipt'. she frowns grabs it and hands it to me and i see why she didn't want to give it. It has a survey. I contemplate heading to customer service but by this time im sick of watching 1 manager 1 customer service person checking the register and 2 other employee walk by see what is happening, in the case of the manager plainly hearing the part about same style different color pants and me still being sent way again and just storm out.

i get back to my apartment, shower and have my caffeine and wish i had complained because im still pissed off.

I understand grabbing a pile of the pants was bitchy i know i do but to have her hold literally they exact same freaking pants, the same style the same color the same size and tell me they where different and even ignore the lady behind me sho did say no those are the same, she was lucky i made myself stay in bitch mode and didn't degrade into rage and screamed at her.
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 09-02-2015, 06:41 AM.

I would never order a customer to go get the product. How rude. She should've called for help. I always go to self-checkout because of stuff like this.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I would have thrown the pile of pants on her.

Why do they put the slowest people on the express lane?

Comment

I probably would have just left everything...after calling the cashier something unprintable. Well, if I was in a truly bad mood. People wonder why I avoid certain stores when I'm already frustrated - my brain to mouth filter breaks down in a horrible way.

Comment

*sigh* And I bet these pants didn't have the UPC printed on the tag(tagless area) either. Ah, heck, if it did, she'd probably take the same amount of time to figure out how to put it into the system as it did for you to run back and get them.

You may have been bitchy, but you know what? You had reason to be so. She shouldn't have asked you to run back a second time. If she honestly felt she needed another pair, she should have yelped for help. And the fact that she wouldn't accept the ones that looked exactly like the pair you had? She had no business being a cashier.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
            If she honestly felt she needed another pair, she should have yelped for help. And the fact that she wouldn't accept the ones that looked exactly like the pair you had? She had no business being a cashier.
            Someone watches paw patrol lol
            Last edited by EricKei; 09-03-2015, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Ugh, glad it wasn't me. I get mildly homicidal as well as wobbly if I go too long without food (and caffeine!) and after all of that frustration - and WTF, telling YOU go go get another pair? Um, NO. Isn't that why they have a way to call for assistance? Yeeesh.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                *sigh* And I bet these pants didn't have the UPC printed on the tag(tagless area) either.

I know they didn't i left out the part where she initially shoved them into my hands and told me to 'Find the upc on the label.' I am lucky i didnt murder.

Comment

Quoth joe20girl View Post
                  Someone watches paw patrol lol
                  Semi-guilty. We've used that a bit in our area years before Paw Patrol came out. It died down a while until that show came out. It refers to the family dog and wild animals. You'd know something was dangerous outside when the dog started yelping for help.

Now if we had something other than retail workers to do something similar for SCs....

And Slice, I would have committed something worse than murder at that point. I'd have demanded a manager and not budged until I got one. Her IPH could plummet, but then from the sounds of it, she has a poor one anyways.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                  X