This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of notification?

I've rejected a friend request from a suspicious username.

Several times.

I've logged out and then back in.

I still have a notification of one unread item, which turns out to be this friend request.

How do I make it go away?
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Absolutely do not accept it.

What's the username? We'll look into it.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Would this be the username? I got a request from this user and rejected it after checking out the profile.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

Yeah, that apparent weirdo. I've rejected that one. Several times.

My problem is that I can't get rid of the notification right under the mention of my last visit at upper right.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I just did this yesterday, but my memory sucks.

click the circle beside reject this friend request.
          check the small box on the right near the top of the friend request portion of the screen. (I can't remember what it said, but it was something like allow all, or apply all)
          click the save the changes button at the bottom before exit

If that doesn't work my memory sucks too much, sorry.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

The miscreant has been *cracks knuckles* dealt with (before I saw your post here, actually). Second handle he's used that we know of.

Please let us know right away if you get any more such messages/requests. Ideally, via a PM to any Mod who is online (list is at the very bottom of the main forum/first page) and/or a Report (which all mods see). This goes for everyone.

Thanks for giving us the heads-up!
            Last edited by EricKei; 05-14-2015, 03:33 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              The miscreant has been *cracks knuckles* dealt with ...
              Oh dear! How is poor Deep Sheep to farm his spams, since everyone has unfriended him with extreme prejudice?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I love this community! The mods and the peeps are awesome at keeping the miscreants out of Customerssuckville.

Comment

Ayyyup. That very prevention is exactly why all new users need to get their posts manually approved. We take out the trash so you don't have to ^_^

Comment

Now if I could just clean up that 1 in my notifications....

Comment

It doesn't work when you check both boxes before the save and exit? I tried mine a couple times and couldn't get the 1 notification off either until I realized there was a box on the right I should have been clicking first.
                      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Makes no sense to have to do "check all" when there's exactly one, but it worked this time.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          The miscreant has been *cracks knuckles* dealt with (before I saw your post here, actually). Second handle he's used that we know of.
                          Third actually. I've IP-banned him so he can't come back in so easily.

We've also made some changes so that people without any posting history can't send friend requests or have avatars or profile pics.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I also had a friend request from that person...glad I checked the profile before I accepted, he/she had already been banned by the time it came thru (or before I noticed it at least)

Thanks mods (and Raps of course) for keeping the riff-raff out
                            "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

....well most of the riffraff....

Thanks mods for looking after us all
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X