This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raudf View Post
    Come to think of it, she might have been banned from the other place, because of her attitude.
    Sounds to me like her attitude needs to be adjusted - by a sudden 90 degree change to the pitch axis.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      ... sudden 90 degree change to the pitch axis.
      Hmm... dog-whistle or contralto profundo?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Not that kind of pitch - I meant the kind from aviation. There are 3 axes of rotation: roll (rotate around a line that runs from front to back), pitch (rotate around a line that runs from side to side), and yaw (rotate around a line that runs from top to bottom).

You can probably imagine what happens when someone does a rapid 90 degree rotation around the pitch axis.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I was hoping you'd give her yaws.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Maybe she got stuck in pitch before getting to the pub.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

That's a Wetherspoons company rule so it's enforced at all their pubs, no exceptions. Possibly at Lloyds Bars too as it's the same chain.

Comment

Quoth Linda View Post
                That's a Wetherspoons company rule so it's enforced at all their pubs, no exceptions. Possibly at Lloyds Bars too as it's the same chain.
                Oh, cool. I did wonder.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  Don't forget that in some cultures -- and for some people traveling or on shift work -- eating late is the norm.
                  Yeah, Lace is in England. It's entirely possible that the kids had a decent tea around 4:00 PM or so.

And the woman was being an idiot. Rules are rules.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth

[B
                    Entitled Mum:[/B] How dare you? Well, you've just lost yourself a customer. We'll go to Pizza Hut instead. *flounces off*
                    So she goes from a pub that is not a place for kids to begin with to Pizza Hut??? I'm sure the kids were very disappointed with this decision.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                      So she goes from a pub that is not a place for kids to begin with to Pizza Hut??? I'm sure the kids were very disappointed with this decision.
                      The problem is that as pubs are getting more profit from food, over the years they'd rather have more people in and eating their 'Piles O' Crispy-Fried Crap' than drinking - thus people are now used to pubs being "Family Friendly".
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                      X