This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth An Haddock View Post
    There are a few stories on Acts of Gord like this... like the girl who was supposed to return the Playstation her brother rented but instead sold it to a pawn shop to pay for a speeding ticket. (if her parents found out about it she might not have gotten to go on a trip to Mexico for spring break) Gord found out what happened and remedied the situation quickly, as the Hand of Gord is mighty and powerful.
    I hope he remedied the situation before her little trip. She doesn't deserve to go to Mexico after what she did.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
      I hope he remedied the situation before her little trip. She doesn't deserve to go to Mexico after what she did.

Hah - found it:

http://www.actsofgord.com/Chronicles/chapter30.php

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
        That $10 blade on fiber cement is like someone trying to stick a 3 cylinder from a geo metro in a Peterbilt.
        Wouldn't even be a decent engine for an APU - not only is it bigger and heavier than what you'd need to do the job, but it runs on gasoline so you'd need a separate fuel supply.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
          Don't even loan MONEY to, or buy stuff for, your friends, unless you can be sure that they will pay you back immediately. March them right over to an ATM if you have to. I learned that the hard way many years ago.
          With me I have no problems if it's my friends or boyfriend, but my family on the other hand (with the exception of like 11 people) I have to almost force them to give me the money.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
            Don't even loan MONEY to, or buy stuff for, your friends, unless you can be sure that they will pay you back immediately. March them right over to an ATM if you have to. I learned that the hard way many years ago.
            Same here - had a negative experience some years ago with a guy friend, short version is that he got upset after I told him I couldn't afford to keep helping him out financially. Admittedly, I wasn't very nice about telling him that, but it was frustrating that he seemed to think whatever he needed/wanted money for was more important than what I (who earned the money) needed it for.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
              <snip>

That was a while ago and it's missing again, along with a lot of other games for the gamecube and such. I accused my bro of 'lending' them out again, and he admitted he probably did, but doesn't remember. Sheesh!
              Bros. What can you do? But what kind of person says, "Oh this game someone lent me. I think I'll sell it for some $$$!!!! Cha ching!!!"
              If I were you, I would nip this in the bud right now. I have a cousin, B, who used to pull this shit with his brother, C. Everyone blew it off for years because it was just "little things" and "not a big deal." Well, it escalated to B stealing high-dollar items from C and selling them for a fraction of their value. There was no doubt that it was not just things being "borrowed" and then getting "lost."

C had enough and pressed charges on B. My aunt and uncle were furious with him because "you don't call the cops on family." Somehow it's ok to steal from family, though, I guess. They really felt like he should have let it go because it was his brother, and completely took B's side. They involved other family members, who also took sides. It was a mess.

This went down several years ago and my aunt and uncle still haven't forgiven C. B has never apologized or acknowledged any wrong-doing so, of course, C hasn't forgiven him. The family is still split. It's ridiculous, and it all started because everyone had the attitude of, "Bros. What can you do?"
              Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

My bro is ok, except he's really stupid of trusting people even tho I taught him otherwise. We don't live together and he hardly visits. I caught him pocketing some loose bills of mine, but he helped me clean my place up, so I figured he could take it as payment. It would be nice if he'd asked first, tho!
                However, my sis is different, she's the Klepto. Many times I've seen my stuff gone missing when she visits and later saw it in her room. She also borrowed $54000 and hasn't paid it back yet. She says she will, when she feels like it.
                Stuff can always be replaced, only if they took My car I'd be upset.
                And @Mr. H, it was a final fantasy game, I forget which number. :/
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  BearLeeBadenaugh
                  That $10 blade on fiber cement is like someone trying to stick a 3 cylinder from a geo metro in a Peterbilt.
                  Wouldn't even be a decent engine for an APU - not only is it bigger and heavier than what you'd need to do the job, but it runs on gasoline so you'd need a separate fuel supply.
                  At least there easy to swap out. Don't even need a hoist.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                    She also borrowed $54000 and hasn't paid it back yet. She says she will, when she feels like it.
                    PLEASE tell us that's a typo!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                      That's what I was hoping, too!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        Was about to say the same! $5400 is still way too high, but $54000? Holy crap!
                        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                          Please let that be a typo, I say! Unless she's been borrowing money from you over the years and has yet to pay you back.
                          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Eh heh. No it's no typo Well, it's a long story but if y'all are curious...
                            Our mom left us some money when she passed, and I won't say exactly how much but it was well over 100K. EACH. More money than I've ever seen in all my life. Sis said, let's buy a house, and the house she was eyeing was $250 K. I was like, no way, why do you need another house, you already got 2, jeez. I wanted to pay back my mortgage on my house with the $. But she kept pestering me, and I kept saying no, so finally she told Bro to tell me to cough up $50K for it, since everything was being finalized, she and he paid $100K each. Still gets me how sneaky she was. -_- Bro finally convinced me, and so to my extreme reluctance, she borrowed $50K from me to buy some house I didn't even like. :\
                            Then she wanted to buy some property in some weird foreign country, so she borrowed another $4000 for it. It was then that I put my foot down and said, I'm not going to lend you any MORE $ until you pay me back, and even tho she kept asking, I didn't.
                            Tho I know I'll probably not seen that $ again for years, I don't push her to pay me back. She has multiple health problems that take a lot of $, and now that she's pregs she'll probably forget it until who knows when. But even tho mom wanted me to have the money, I don't feel like I earned it, ya know? So it's not really mine. So I guess that's not why I'm pushing her to give it back. She's got enough on her plate. :\
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

HotelMinion, you're much nicer about money than I am. Much. I don't think I'm greedy, I see it as something which causes tension and arguments. My family has more issues with greedy people wanting us to give them our stuff. Like, hinting about how my parents don't use some item, and how they have been trying to save to buy that same item. "You have that stand mixer you don't use, right? I have been wanting one for so long!" I left my nice mattress at my parents because my current apartment is too small, and OMG people keep asking if they can have it. Not buy it from me, just have it. Plus, I plan on moving to a larger apartment, and I'll want my awesome mattress back!

I'll let people I trust borrow stuff, but nobody borrows my books or video games or old consoles. Or sewing machine. Actually, I don't let anyone even touch my sewing machine.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X