X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Mytical should never ...

get within 100 yards of a retail store.

/BG Yes I know I've not been home long,but hey.. SCs seem to gravitate toward me. I am having problems walking (due to being laid up in bed for a long time). I also have a Handicap sticker (this is key). I am sick, in pain, and have never really been one to put up with SC's. /BG

Me and my parents (who are also my caretakers) park at Wally world to try to find me something that doesn't taste like a combination of metal and what certain primates are known to throw (seriously.. almost everything taste horrible right now). My sticker is up, but it takes awhile for me to get out. I need help standing and a woman that weighs 135 and an 82 year old man have to try to lift me out of the vehicle. this takes awhile. Once I stand..I am ok for awhile, but standing is .. an issue.

So as they are tugging away at me (I do feel sorry for them, must be like trying to move a mountain) and I hear a loud beep. I look behind our vehicle and lo and behold there is a rather large truck with a handicap plate.. I was confused as to why they beeped, but at first thought maybe mom and dad knew them.

Then I hear "Hurry up and move, some of us have to shop." Me being me, I gave them the benefit of the doubt..maybe they thought I was going IN the vehicle not coming out of it. So..I said "We just got here, we are going shopping". Matter should have been settled... if it had been.. would I be posting this? Of course not.

"Is it going to take long?" came the same voice. Hmm, let me check my Magic Eight Ball (pun fully intended). All signs point to yes, because even though they have carts I can ride, I have to make it TOO the carts. Since I currently am walking like a Cowboy who bullride, and specifically one that has recently been riding for a week straight with no rest.. we are here for the long haul.

So I answered .. and got a loud beep, then the truck took off squealing tires. Now I know this encounter was not horrible. If I was not sick and in pain, I doubt it would have made it here.. however, the truth does not require somebody liking the answer. So to that SC, you are not the center of the Universe..heck no human is.. so go take a long ride off a very very short pier.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

People really need to mind their own business. I could maybe understand a polite "are you leaving?" question if all the handicapped parking was taken and the driver was just trying to figure out if it was worth waiting or if he should continue to look for parking, but anything else is just not their business.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

There are aids to help you get out of a car. The cheapest and easiest is to sit on a plasticbag. It will make it much easier to turn you to get the feet out of the door.
      I was a bit surprised the first time a man passed me a bag and asked me to put it on the passenger seat of the taxi, but it really does work.
      Naturally all the SCs will assume it's because you are incontinent, but piss on them .
      A physiotherapist, if the hospital employ one, will be able to show you other ways to cope. I was surprised the morning of my operation to have a guy come and teach me how to get out of the hospital bed without using the muscles they were going to cut.

Comment

I wish I had been there.

Does it contravene CS.com's rules about condoning violence if I say that I would have told the person in the truck 'You get away from my man and leave him alone, or you're going to need your truck to get back from where you'll be landing' ?
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Then I hear "Hurry up and move, some of us have to shop."
          I'm constantly amazed by the stories on here of how awful people are about handicapped parking. A couple years ago my mom had hip replacement surgery. Before that, she could barely walk, there was no cartilage left, it was total bone on bone. So she had a handicapped tag which was good for a year, but only used for less than 6 months.

Anyhow, I drove her places. It took her a while to get out of the car, and then she used a walker. If someone had said something like this to her, she would have burst into tears immediately. Thankfully, I don't remember anyone being rude about parking. If she had to cross in front of traffic, though, it wasn't pleasant. People would edge up impatiently, or honk. She is really sensitive, so she'd be in tears. Remember, she was visibly disabled. Watching her walk made you want to find her a wheelchair, which she stubbornly refused. But it didn't matter these people had to go SHOPPING.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Marm - Not graphic, not directed towards a customer/worker. I'll allow it
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"Is it going to take long?"
              That's when you give them the stink eye and the low, rumbling voice: "It will take as long as it takes!"

Bet they'd wet their pants getting out of there as fast as possible

Good to see you on the board again, Mytical!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There are assist handles that fit into the "loop" on the frame that the door latch grabs (needless to say, you only put them in place when you're actually getting into/out of the car). Don't know where to get them (got one for my mother 5-6 years ago when they were on clearance at Canadian Tire), and they don't fit all cars (they do fit a Jeep Patriot, but they don't fit a second-generation Elantra).
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

www.ncmedical.com

Comment

I will never understand all this discrimination against people with disabilities. I can understand it a little better in the case of those of us who look fine, but in the case of those who are visibly disabled, I have no words.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Marm - Not graphic, not directed towards a customer/worker. I'll allow it
                      Thank you EK - I'm not usually one for violence, but I think on this occasion my inner Mama Bear would have kicked in.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                        There are aids to help you get out of a car. The cheapest and easiest is to sit on a plasticbag. It will make it much easier to turn you to get the feet out of the door.
                        I was a bit surprised the first time a man passed me a bag and asked me to put it on the passenger seat of the taxi, but it really does work.
                        Naturally all the SCs will assume it's because you are incontinent, but piss on them .
                        A physiotherapist, if the hospital employ one, will be able to show you other ways to cope. I was surprised the morning of my operation to have a guy come and teach me how to get out of the hospital bed without using the muscles they were going to cut.
                        I love the beaded taxi driver seat covers - whatever the damned things are called =) Sliding made easy. You just have to effectively sew them on solidly with paracord
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          I will never understand all this discrimination against people with disabilities. I can understand it a little better in the case of those of us who look fine, but in the case of those who are visibly disabled, I have no words.
                          Oh, it's even worse.

I gained over 100 lbs (went from 250 to 380) due to my doctor being an idiot about my sleep apnea symptoms.

I'm still over 350.

I don't need a cane often, but when I need it I need it. So I take it along unless I'm going to be doing somethhing that needs both hands.

Same bus, same stop, same time of day.

With the cane, most folks don't try to get on the bus ahead of me, and I can usual get a seat in the "reserved" seat at the front of the bus without hassles. (but not always, some [censoreds] won't get up even if they don't qualify for the seats.)

Without the cane I often get the stink eye for trying to use the same seats, and for trying to maintain my place in the line to get on the bus.

BTW, teenagers are actually better about giving up the "reserved for elderly and handicapped" seats than folks in their 30s or 40s.

Comment

^ I'm continually surprised by the way teens are often more polite than adults. We have some good kids in this town.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              It's a simple case of "how DARE someone get in front of all-important ME!"
                              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                              X