Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some scattered commercial fueling places around here, mostly off the exits of interstates. Just two or three pumps and a card-reader, no people, no nothing. Pull up, insert your card, pump your fuel, you get the bill at the end of the month, now that you've mentioned it, I wonder why you don't see that outside of it's niche market for OTR truckers and commercial drivers who just want to fuel up and don't want the hassle of people buying coffee and sandwiches in front of them?

Then again, we ended our contract with ours and went with a chain gas station loyalty card because it offered a tiny (but considering our rate of use, meaningful) discount every Nth gallon....
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Zeddi View Post
      sometimes even with cash directly at the pump or at a "pay station" near the pump.
      OMG someone would smash the pumps open if we allowed cash at pay at pump! Maybe people are more law abiding in Germany?
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

No "maybe" about it. When I visited there, I got dirty looks for walking across a street against the light, even when it was obvious that there wasn't any traffic on the road for at least a half-kilometer in either direction...
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
        X