Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer did not want me ringing up his cigs because I was using hand sanitizer

This incident happened last night towards the end of my 7 hour shift.

I was working at the cigarette line, and one duty as a cashier there is to refill the change machine. In order for me to do that, I usually have to turn off my light roughly 30 minutes before clocking out.

I was done at 8:48 p.m., and since my hands were dirty, I used the hand sanitizer that is located at each register to clean my hands. I announced over the intercom that my register was open with no waiting.

A male customer walked by register pushing and cart, and he said "good, now I can get my cigarettes." I was still wiping my hands due to my hand sanitizer. Well... he did not like that, and so he told me "I want you to get someone else to get my cigarettes and ring me up because I do not want you to use hand sanitizer and do that because when I smoke, I can taste the hand sanitizer."

So I call over the intercom for a supervisor or a manager to come over to my register. When a supervisor arrived, and told him that he could speak to her. He told her the same thing he told me plus the fact that hand sanitizer makes your hands fall off.

She got the keys to open the cabinet where the cigarettes he wanted were, but she did not know which key to use, so she asked me which one it was. That was when he said "no, I do not want her touching the key because she used hand sanitizer." So I pointed to the correct key.

He told her that he wanted 3 packs, and when she gave them to him, he said "I need to check them because sometimes they are not made correctly." He chose to only buy one pack.

She had me ring him up. He gave me cash, and when I went to give him his receipt, he said "no, do not do that because you used hand sanitizer."

I then said "how am I supposed to pull it off the machine?"

He left without saying anything.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    He told her the same thing he told me plus the fact that hand sanitizer makes your hands fall off.
    This is where this sign comes in handy:

Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

He told her the same thing he told me plus the fact that hand sanitizer makes your hands fall off.
      "Well smoking has obviously caused you to lose IQ points."

Comment

plus the fact that hand sanitizer makes your hands fall off.
        I haven't really noticed a lot of handless people running around.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

wellll ok then...
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

She got the keys to open the cabinet where the cigarettes he wanted were, but she did not know which key to use, so she asked me which one it was. That was when he said "no, I do not want her touching the key because she used hand sanitizer." So I pointed to the correct key.
            (Looks at hands and hopes they don't fall off anytime soon.)

I was going to point out that the pack of cigarettes were wrapped in cellophane to protect them from that sort of thing, but then I saw that he was so cracra that he thought the hand sanitizer would somehow jump from the key to his cigarettes.

Comment

I guess my whole call centers hands are going to fall off we have stands with hand sanitizer that say use frequently.
              Last edited by EricKei; 02-09-2017, 01:16 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the whole thing

Comment

Seems like somebody needs to get a clue, or a life...

Comment

I'm not sure that would be worse than dying from lung cancer. It's a crappy was to go.

Comment

Cigarettes and hand sanitizer probably share some ingredients in common, Mr. Crazy Man!

Comment

An SC that is afraid of hand sanitizer? If only all the other SCs were the same.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        An SC that is afraid of hand sanitizer? If only all the other SCs were the same.
                        But he smokes

Comment

Quoth raw1989 View Post
                          But he smokes
                          Is hand sanitized flammable?
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Is hand sanitized flammable?
                            yes now I get it hahah guy thinks he will burn his hands off or set them on fire.

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                              Cigarettes and hand sanitizer probably share some ingredients in common, Mr. Crazy Man!
                              Not only that but cigarette packs are wrapped and sealed in cellophane
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X