Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's because of people like that that I'm always on my bestest behavior on Facebook.

Comment

I do have my place of work listed by the name of my hotel chain and city only. There are at least 10 of those hotels in my city, and I have Facebook set to Friends Only. Though I do post political stuff, no threats or anything that could taken as such, no hate speech, and I never post anything negative about my employer. If I say I had a bad day at work, it's in terms of "today was tiring" not "<Bossname> is a jerk".
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 02-17-2017, 03:32 AM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I don't talk about my employer my current place of employment is awesome just some of the people I work with can be there own special

Comment

Quoth raw1989 View Post
          I don't talk about my employer my current place of employment is awesome just some of the people I work with can be there own special
          That's why we have the CoC section here!
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Do you have your first AND last name on your name tags? If you do, see if this woman being a stalker is enough to get that changed. Of course you can be fired for FB posts since you can be fired for lots of crazy things. But this woman is creepy.

Comment

She might not have actually visited our hotel, just saw the posts she didn't like and decided to tattle. That said, our name tags have first name and first letter of last name (given the fact that we have two people with the names of, shall we say, Mary and Sophia, one each from sales and one each from the front desk). I don't mind giving my last name since it's only slightly behind "Smith" in terms of how common it is.

Comment

Who goes looking up the FB pages of people in the businesses they deal with?
                The sort of people who will call a business and try to get someone fired for "not smiling quite brightly enough" or "smiling too brightly," that's who.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  I don't mind giving my last name since it's only slightly behind "Smith" in terms of how common it is.
                  WishfullSpirit Jones? Almost sounds like a Dogpatch name.

The following Jones live in Dogpatch, or nearby.

Washable Jones
                  Available Jones
                  Stupefyin' Jones (my favorite)
                  One-Fault Jones
                  Disgustin' Jones
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

What, in San Francisco?
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                      What, in San Francisco?
                      Nope, the other Dogpatch, supposedly in Kentucky.

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                        What, in San Francisco?
                        Fearless Fosdick is looking for you now!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Dogpatch where they alter their mental outlook using Kickapoo Joy Juice, not the hippie stuff from Haight-Ashbury.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            The Dogpatch where they alter their mental outlook using Kickapoo Joy Juice, not the hippie stuff from Haight-Ashbury.
                            But the real men in Dogpatch drink Yokumberry tonic.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              AND do not forget Sadie Hawkins Day for all the lonely single women lookin to get hitched.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X