This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ... wait ... what??

This isn't so much a 'Sucky Customer' as it is a mind-bendingly "What, is something wrong?" customer:

Email from a customer:

I've bought a stolen CDD3610 which didn't come with any software or cables. Could you please send that to me? I presume I do have the full 12 months warranty?

This is from a website titled Computer Stupidities that I have read from end to end many times over the years. Most of those posts make me feel exceedingly smart.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

google tells me that a CD burner, not even a dvd one, how old is the post?
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

The site's latest additions were in 2013, and I'm pretty sure I remember reading it during slow times at my last newspaper job. Which ended, um, about a decade ago. And the little copyright blurb at the bottom of the front page reads "1998-2014." So ... fairly old, would be my guess. I just find it entertaining how many of the items on that site fit so well into this site.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Just went to look at computerstupidities.com, had a "buy or rent this domain" message.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You need to search for RinkWorks, that's the site that Computer Stupidities is a page on.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I've got a story from here crossposted on computer stupidities about a guy with a dead DSP filter (an entirely passive device) that he was convinced had been blown by a hacker.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
            X