This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience, or How to Stop Stalkers in 3 Easy Steps

I had a guest (Female Customer) come in tonight. I entered in her last name and first name, and a box pops up with this guests name, but a different address.

Me: Did you used to live in <other town>?
    FC: Yeah, but there was too much drama, so I moved.
    Me: Well, I'm not too familiar with other town, so I really don't know anything about it.
    FC: Well, my boyfriend was crazy, and tried to kill me. He beat me up all the time, and then he killed himself. It was all over the news a few months ago.
    Me: I don't really watch the new that often.
    FC: Well, the new boyfriend is headed down the same way. I just broke up with him.
    (By this time I have finished checking her into the system)
    Me: Given the current situation, if someone calls for you, are you here?
    FC: No. I don't think he'll call, but just in case.
    Me: We don't generally give out guest information, it's just in case someone calls asking to be transferred to your room. This way I'll say we don't have anyone here by that name.

She seemed grateful for the additional consideration. I'm just wondering has anyone else had a situation where experience allowed them to preempt something further from happening (at least where you work)?

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

At the hotel I worked security at, we would pretty regularly have someone who did NOT want any calls transferred to their room due to issues like this, or asked that the desk say sorry, nobody by that name was staying there. Normally, they only transferred calls if the caller knew the room number and name of whom they were calling. Unfortunately, there was one VERY stupid front desk employee who would say cheerily, ignoring the glaring 'guest is hiding from abusive husband do NOT confirm location do not transfer calls' "Oh, yes your wife is here in room 243 let me transfer you!" Guess who had to get between the pissed-off guest and the stupid employee and/or call the police when raging angry husband started pounding on his wife's hotel door?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Good lord, maybe she should take a year off of romance this time.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
        Good lord, maybe she should take a year off of romance this time.
        No doubt!! Is this the best she can do in a mate?
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X