This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Sigh...

I hate to say it, but....I applied for a transfer to the weekend day shift at work.

There was really no other option, at this point.

Despite any badgering, posturing or patronizing from anyone here for me to take action, NOTHING is going to stop Crazy Lady and the Evil Trainer. They both do no wrong in the boss' eyes. For the second or third time, just to be clear, CL has been taken to HR many times in the 10+ years she's been there. In fact, after the big incident with CL was said and done, we were basically told if we don't like how this shift is gonna go, leave, in not so many words.

I don't want to give up my weekends, but I'd still be paid the same. I'd be able to sleep at night like a normal person.

All that really matters is, there won't be that Crazy Lady screaming her head off and trying to light fires under everyone's asses every 10 seconds that she changes her mind and panics, and then the raspy equally loud yelling of Evil Trainer screaming at me for doing something that I didn't do, or vice versa, that was actually her fault or just her being an idiot.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I know you'd rather not but at least you won't deal with those crazy bitches on the day shift. I wonder why after all the complaints HR got from CL why they don't do shit all with her and she's the problem?
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

It sounds like you've got to take the lesser of two evils. At least this shift should let your blood pressure settle.

Your soon-to-be-former shift is going to end up a revolving-door shift and the company is going to be scratching their heads, wondering why.

Comment

Hopefully more people follow your lead.

Comment

We've already lost Brown Noser, though he got a promotion, but he was the Golden Boy of the shift.

We're losing another person to regular day shift, but that's not really because of CL or ET, most people do try eventually to get on a day shift.

Comment

I got the position.

But, I gave myself an anxiety attack thinking about what happened if the new shift happens to be worse than the one I'm already on, what if I'm stuck working all weekends for several months and missing out........

I have a week to turn in my approval signature. I'm scared.

Comment

Blas,

Change can be scary and you have put up with a lot at your job. Perhaps you could take a moment and sit down and right down the pro's and con's of changing shifts at your job. Hopefully seeing things written down will help put your mind at ease.

It seems to me like it would be worth the risk to not spend all my time at work getting screamed at constantly.

Comment

You would think it would be as easy as that. I know, the choice seemed so clear when I applied.

Now I'm just freaking out for no reason.

Comment

Think about what you're leaving behind, not about what you're heading in to.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                  X