Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dial 4 for, wait that number isn't in service.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dial 4 for, wait that number isn't in service.

I've got an ice cream machine in the restaurant, and I needed to order more lube for the innards (yeah, I know that sounds terrible). So I call up the company. I've never had very good luck ordering from them, and it usually takes a couple of times to get an order placed and delivered.

Today was no exception.

I call, and the automated voice saying that their menu has recently changed and here are the new options. When it gets to sales - 4, I press 4. I get this number isn't in service and am sent back to the main menu. Try again, just in case I screwed up and pressed 7. Nope I get the same bullshit.

The options list press 0 for the operator. I press that, and am transferred to a voicemail. Try again and the same thing again.

Finally I try a different option. I push 1 for the service department. I get them, and apologize, and say I pressed the wrong button, and want the sales dept. So they transfer me there.

It still isn't that easy, though. Apparently I really needed the parts department, and am transferred over there, where I get a voice mail. I leave my order, and a call back number.

Now let's hope they get it right on their end.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
    Now let's hope they get it right on their end.
    Which brings us back to the lube for the innards.....
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

*AAAAAAAACCCKKKKK*

Comment

If they're that much trouble, can you get the stuff from another source? Order it online, maybe?
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Well, I've been getting an off brand product. However (after some research) it's way more expensive then the Taylor Lube brand. I just hope we get it because the person who will clean it when I'm on vacation in (11 days and counting) likes it better. He bitches when we don't have it.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I thinking training the newbs on cleaning the ice cream machine is the dirtiest thing I do all year. 'Now, lube the shaft and slide the o-ring on.'

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
              I thinking training the newbs on cleaning the ice cream machine is the dirtiest thing I do all year. 'Now, lube the shaft and slide the o-ring on.'
              The ice cream machine was something I tended to make sure I did myself, partly because keeping the brushes in my car was the only way to make sure they weren't used for other things or lost entirely, and partly because it was too tempting to cheat and I got sick of finding the pumps full of cheese when it was my turn. That or they'd try to use absolutely as little of the lube as possible and the thing would either be squeaking before it was due to be taken down again (heat treat machine, once every two weeks) or it would chew up its O-rings and not work. I mean yes, I understand not wanting to waste the stuff, but buying more parts and not being able to sell ice cream costs a lot more.

I much preferred the Taylor Lube, too, though it's been so long since I've even seen another kind I don't remember why.

Is this any use?
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

*looks at content of post*

*backs away slowly*

I ain't touching this one!!
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                  The ice cream machine was something I tended to make sure I did myself, partly because keeping the brushes in my car was the only way to make sure they weren't used for other things or lost entirely, and partly because it was too tempting to cheat and I got sick of finding the pumps full of cheese when it was my turn. That or they'd try to use absolutely as little of the lube as possible and the thing would either be squeaking before it was due to be taken down again (heat treat machine, once every two weeks) or it would chew up its O-rings and not work. I mean yes, I understand not wanting to waste the stuff, but buying more parts and not being able to sell ice cream costs a lot more.

I much preferred the Taylor Lube, too, though it's been so long since I've even seen another kind I don't remember why.

Is this any use?

I'm really gonna be dating myself, but this discussion about o-rings got me thinking. The space shuttle Challenger was destroyed because its o-rings failed in 20 degree weather. Does anyone else remember that? What is it about o-rings?

Comment

O-rings are small & cheap & usually designed to be fail points.
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I liked it much better when we were talking about lube.

What make lube "food service quality"?

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                        I liked it much better when we were talking about lube.

What make lube "food service quality"?
                        One word, to quoth the Hyneman: "Laaaard."
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                          I'm really gonna be dating myself, but this discussion about o-rings got me thinking. The space shuttle Challenger was destroyed because its o-rings failed in 20 degree weather. Does anyone else remember that? What is it about o-rings?
                          O-rings are kind of a generic term for round rings meant to act as seals between metal joints holding fluids. They come in all kinds of sizes and materials.

In the Challenger shuttle explosion, those o-rings were meant for high temperatures, but got brittle at low temperatures. It is believed that the cold weather launch caused the o-rings sealing the rocket fuel pipes to fail, leak, and allowed the fuel to catch fire where it shouldn't and finally explode.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Update - They called back, and I got my order placed. Much better than last time ordering from them.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                              Yep, I remember. Heck, I remember the moon landing. I'm old. Sigh.

Madness takes it's toll....
                              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X