Clear All

Quoth purple View Post
    I have a phobia of birds.
    Did that come from watching The Birds?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Did that come from watching The Birds?
      My daughter got hers from that movie. On another note, I wonder if Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) got his from that movie. We just watched that episode last night. Though on another note, it's not Sci Fi or fantasy so probably not.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I now have one towards spiders due to the movie THE MIST - they used to be "meh" and now they all get the stink eye. Thank you Frank Darlemont!

Comment

Frank Darabont.

Comment

The last movie I went to see at the theater was Kill Bill 1. Even the censored version here in Australia was pretty horrific.

Sitting next to me in the audience was a little girl I think must have been 5 or 6. I don't know how her mother got her into the theater, but she was there. She didn't really watch the picture - she just sat there and kicked her legs and sang softly to herself the whole movie.

It disturbed me greatly. I decided that I would wait until any future movie came out on DVD and watch it at home.

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post
              When I went to see Black Hawk Down, someone in the theater had horrific gas. As in "all of my nose hairs yanked themselves from their moorings and ran screaming for the door" atrocious.
              Back when we lived in Phoenix, we spent one summer day at the movies. Then this huge, sweaty, smelly guy came in (lack of hygiene + Phoenix heat = disgusting hot mess), and despite the theater being half-empty, he just had to sit next to me. And lean back and put his arms up. Yeah, I moved to my husband's other side PDQ.

As for the children in the movie theater, we didn't take our kid to the movies until he was seven, because he wasn't physically or emotionally mature enough until then. Now I know that kids mature at different rates, and another kid might be ready for the movie theater at four years old. But it's the parents' job to take care of their children, and dragging very young children to a frightening movie is not taking very good care of them.
              Last edited by XCashier; 07-08-2015, 08:23 PM.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth purple View Post
                The boy thing wanted to see Jurassic world and I was up for a date night.

I spent 10 minutes hiding in his shoulder - I have a phobia of birds. Still haven't fully forgiven him.
                Thanks for the warning. I think I will watch that on DVD and fast forward the first bit because birds are scary and freak me out. Except for fairy penguins, they are cool.

And, nope, won't ever be watching Birds. Have only seen snippets and I hide until they are over.
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

If I'd been in a bad mood when Stinky McStinkerson sat next to me, I think I'd have said loudly to Hubby "let's move somewhere else, that guy stinks." If I'd been in a better mood, I'd probably have just moved. If that wasn't possible, I'd have gotten a description and complained to the manager. The "bathing optional" crowd get away with it because nobody says anything. And I say that as the wife of a person whose combination of meds make his sweat pretty darn rank. He still showers, they can too.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                  X