This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubs has to go job hunting now.

This may go here or in MiM, I'm not sure, if I was wrong I apologize.

No, Hubs hasn't been fired, but he's fed up with the crap going on at work.

On Tuesday, a woman (Roast Lady, RL) came in asking if he could cut up a roast for her. He was in the middle of cleaning and health codes say no raw meat in the room when it's soapy, so he asked her to wait about 15 minutes. She said she would wait, even smiled, and walked off.

She came back less than five minutes later and started cussing and yelling at him. Hubs went and called the only available manager (Assistant Store Manager), who went back to talk to RL. Another woman came up and told ASM that she had seen RL yelling at Hubs, and had even heard him ask her politely if she would mind waiting a bit. ASM checked the security cameras to confirm, asked her to leave, then left a note for the other managers. Hubs thought that was the end of it.

Well, Store Manager came in yesterday and saw the note. He called Hubs into the office and demanded to know why she couldn't be served the moment she asked, even saying "Just wipe off a section of counter, it'll be fine." Hubs refused, not wanting to get into trouble for it. SM saw this as an opportunity to berate Hubs for "standing around doing nothing," as shown on the security camera in the meat department (but not on any others, where he can be seen stocking and such).

Hubs pointed out that the security camera in the meat department tends to freeze, even asking SM to refresh it to prove his point. SM refreshed it, it played for about three seconds, and froze. He STILL denied that there was a problem with the camera, not wanting to back down from his accusation. He wrote Hubs up for being lazy, which makes his second false write-up this year and one away from being fired.

Not to mention, Hubs got a "promotion" a few weeks ago and a raise of $1/hour, which still puts him below starting wage for the position he was just promoted to. So, he's going to take a week of the vacation time he's owed and go job hunting.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Good idea, it looks like his boss wants him gone and will jump on any flimsy excuse to do so.

I wouldn't give any notice when I left, either...

Comment

I think Store Manager wants him gone, but Store Owner actually really likes Hubs. Both of them, however, like to complain about how they're always having to hire new people, even though most of the people that leave quit because of how they're being treated.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Hope that hubs wrote his response on the write up form, on the front where it can't easily be removed that he objects to being written up for being told to break the law and on the basis of 'evidence' provided by malfunctioning equipment. Guaranteed to piss off SM something fierce, but not a damn thing he can do about it, as employees are allowed, by law, to respond to write ups, especially if the employee feels the write up is unfair.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
          I think Store Manager wants him gone, but Store Owner actually really likes Hubs. Both of them, however, like to complain about how they're always having to hire new people, even though most of the people that leave quit because of how they're being treated.
          And, of course, they have _NO_ clue as to why this would be the case!

Comment

I'm sorry that your Hubs hates his job and seems to be getting railroaded. May I suggest that he go online and look up state jobs? I've done some poking around and every state I've looked at has a clearing house for jobs in all the different agencies.

Most government jobs are all about customer service and the ability/willingness to follow the rules.

He should check the postings daily and apply for everything that interests him. Don't let him disqualify himself for anything, they will do that for him. Don't let him get discouraged, it took me 4 months to get my current job.

Government jobs aren't for everyone, but they really are not as bad as many people think and they come with great bennies. Just imagine, a set schedule, paid holidays, vacation and sick time!

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
              Government jobs aren't for everyone, but they really are not as bad as many people think and they come with great bennies. Just imagine, a set schedule, paid holidays, vacation and sick time!
              And also great retirement plans.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                And, of course, they have _NO_ clue as to why this would be the case!
                Of course
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                X