This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to ruin a fun event.

So there's this big relay race. It's pretty awesome! I just want to make that clear. It's really long, and a portion of it goes by my house. This is not new, and last year was fun. Support vans and random cheering is fun!

This year... People decided to camp out directly outside my window to cheer the runners. Again, this wouldn't bother me... But nooooo, they couldn't leave it at that. They have the stereo in their van on FULL BLAST to some of the worst techno, and profanity filled rap (very residential area, little kids everywhere), and generally bad music. They also have cowbells. And it's not like this is a parade route, there are no other spectators as far as I can see. It's just this one group.

They spent a while talking about horse d*cks, not sure why.

My cat is hiding under the bed. I've had to shut all my windows, thanks for that. Anyways, it makes me feel like a giant grouch, and I suppose I am. Feel free to compare me to an old crotchety woman, it's okay. It's just one day a year. I had actually been looking forward to it, it's nice to see people out being active and generally doing something cool. But it's hard to enjoy when this group is acting like drunken teenagers.

ETA: That group left! Another group almost immediately replaced them, one house down, so not directly in front of my windows. They have no music and are using tambourines along with cheering. They are so much better, I want to hug them, and I'm not a hugger.
    Last edited by notalwaysright; 07-17-2015, 07:25 PM.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

I would have felt the same way. People at events like this need to remember that they are in a residential area, not out in some field.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Event or not, there would have been a nonemergency call placed to my local law enforcement to come remove the public nuisance. But I'm a cranky person when it comes to having to listen to someone else's crappy music inside my residence.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

They should use discretion. What if there were children inside hearing the horse talk and bad rap lyrics, amongst the other stupid stuff they were doing

Comment

I'd have taken my hose to them.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            I'd have taken my hose to them.
            Too bad chamberpots have gone out of style.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Reminds me of the time the church down the street decided to have some kind of kids' race on our street.

RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE.

I wouldn't even have cared much but some idiot brought out a boombox to play during the event, which blasted crappy music so loud my windows were shaking. Thank the gods the whole thing only lasted about an hour. No notice was given of this event; some kind of flyer had gone around the neighborhood the previous week but they never once mentioned having a race out on the street. I never said anything to them but I think someone did as they haven't had this type of thing again.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thanks guys, I just was really surprised and disappointed, 'cause like I said I did anticipate this event but was not expecting that! This is a list of the teams registered, read for some funny names! One of my favorites is "hallelujah holy sh** where's the tylenol."

Their group had a pathetically low maturity level... The type who really think being loud and gross is "cool" and go around in a frat boy/girl haze their whole life. One even joked that "the neighbors are going to call the cops!" about their dancing. I did not see this so-called dancing, because I had my windows and curtains shut yet I could still HEAR THEM.

Anyway it was fine after they left. Since my place is less than a mile from the end of that leg of the race, all day vans stopped up and down the street to watch for their teammate and cheer. They generally stayed around 10-15 minutes and acted like more mature adults. The first group stayed nearly an hour. I do see that highschoolers can do this race, but I don't think that first group was that young.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  People decided to camp out directly outside my window to cheer the runners.
                  Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE.
                  If it were my house, I might find it necessary to turn on the water sprinklers. The lawn might be thirsty.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    ... The lawn might be thirsty.
                    "The landlord sets the sprinkling schedule. Ever since he had to re-sod the whole lot after a tenant killed the lawn, the controls have been in a locked box."
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                    X