Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers who can't find out things on their own and blame the TELLER!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers who can't find out things on their own and blame the TELLER!

I can't stand these people who always asks me why their account is that much I had two customers back to back question ME on why THEIR account is that. How the heck should i know? You should know, its your account! I told a customer that her balance was XXXX. She questions me asking me "am i sure?" Of course, I just made the balance up! I had another customer tell me that the balance was wrong. Fine, maybe its the account # but its the same account number that is under the same social SHE gave me. She tells its wrong like I had something to do with it!

Why can't people keep up with their accounts? Why must they keep badgering the teller for stuff that they have NOTHING to do with ? ( unless we deposited the wrong amount, that's understandable)

I also love how customers will ask me whether or not a check cleared. You can't find out about it yourself? Phone, email, web...try one once in awhile and leave tellers alone! I have a bank account and if I had a dispute with a charge, i will go straight to the customer service rep not the TELLER! You wouldn't believe how quick MY service was instead of waiting 10 minutes for a personal banker. Maybe I will tell customers that. Its not diffciult to pick up a phone, dial the # and get service.

Lazy people I tell you.

Ugh there was some bozo at the credit union making sure EVERYONE heard his transaction, he had become overdrawn because he had made a deposit via the ATM and they hold payments for 4 business days. It even says so on the ATM... big sign right smack at eye level.
    The teller had to call over a manager because the boozo was getting really rowdy demanding the overdrawn fee be reveresed because

"Ive put 1000's of dollars into this bank and they have never held my cheques NEVER"

(I mumble to my teller, since when has this been a bank and she snorts and he glares at me)

the manager asked if he had ever deposited through the atm before
    "they have never held my cheques, EVER"
    the manager clarifies again about the atm explaining that ALL cheques are held if deposited this way
    "they have NEVER HELD MY CHEQUES"
    the manager said (and I wanted to hug her) "sir you havent answered my question, have you ever deposited cheques through the atm, because there is always a delay reguardless of how much money you have with the credit union.
    "well they have never held my cheques EVER"
    and so it went back and forth back and forth until my teller is done with my deposits and we walk out still hearing this idiot refusing to answer if he has infact ever deposited a cheque through the atm before...

my guess as to why he wont answer... because he knows hes in the wrong and can bare to admit it and act like a grown up and take the bank charge in stride, oh no he must act like the assclown that he is and throw a tantrum over $15.....what a hero
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

We can take payments on accounts at our store, but we have no access to ANY information about their accounts. No due date, no minimum due, no 'remaining balance' (hate that question...it's a credit card, you're in DEBT when you use it). SCs moan and complain at us all the time because we can't answer that kind of question, and get upset when we tell them to call the number on the card to get that information. They don't want to hear 'privacy issue', they want their convience NOW.
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
        We can take payments on accounts at our store, but we have no access to ANY information about their accounts. No due date, no minimum due, no 'remaining balance' (hate that question...it's a credit card, you're in DEBT when you use it). SCs moan and complain at us all the time because we can't answer that kind of question, and get upset when we tell them to call the number on the card to get that information. They don't want to hear 'privacy issue', they want their convience NOW.
        Yup - we have the same problem; we can take payments, look up their account for payment (but not the number, the system justs puts it through) and see if they have any rewards certs, but that's it. - Yet customers STILL get pissy when we say we can't give them a balance, or any other personal info about their account. Um, its for YOUR protection numbnuts...same thing if you try and use your store charge, we have to call for an approval, and its denied. I could care less that you just made a payment, or tell me it shouldn't have been denied. I have no control over that, for that, and any other inquiry, you must call customer service....yet they still bitch and moan at us.

I even had a lady get pissy at me because i wouldn't look up her account, since she did not have her license. Um, again, for YOUR protection - anyone who knows your name, address and phone number could come in and say they are you, and if we looked it up, charge stuff to YOUR account, for which WE would be held accountable.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
          Lazy people I tell you.
          That's *exactly* why they won't do it. To them, it's easier to get some (usually, considering some of the bullshit they deal with) underpaid teller to do it for them. These same people spend much more than they're making, and then bitch out the teller about the late fees and overdrawn account fees.

I can say that I've had a checking account nearly 20 years, and have *never* had problems like that
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I also love how customers will ask me whether or not a check cleared. You can't find out about it yourself? Phone, email, web...try one once in awhile and leave tellers alone!

Now, it doesn't give people a right to be morons, but what is the point of the teller, if not to help the customers? Asking YOU is finding out about it themselves. They shouldn't be a jerk about about, but I think asking the teller at the bank, since they can look it up, is a reasonable thing to do. Sure they could do it at home, but since they are already there, why not?

Now asking the teller at the bank WHY your account is the amount it is..is stupid.
            you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

but what is the point of the teller, if not to help the customers? Asking YOU is finding out about it themselves.
              What about personal bankers? Managers? Our bank does not have the capabilities on the TELLER side to look up people's accounts. Personal bankers do. I was trained to deposit checks, cash checks, do cashier's checks and money orders. No where in my job description does it say to tell whether or not a check cleared or why a charge was made on their account.

Comment

I had two customers back to back question ME on why THEIR account is that. How the heck should i know? You should know, its your account!
                UGH! I hate that question with a passion. People ask me all of the time, "Why is my bill so high?" I get that question about 10 times a day. I want to say "I don't know, you tell me?" Or "Hm, let's look at you bill, do you have your bill handy?"

And before anyone jumps on me, it's technically not my job to explain bills, I take payments and make payment arrangements. Maybe that's why it drives me nuts, the person waits until they've gotten past the actual CSR to ask the payment girl about their bill. It's usually about a second before I hit the submit button on their payment, too!

Comment

Working...
                X