This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Reyneth View Post

I'm doing Rita Skeeter (to go with the camera/reporter thing I already have going on) and while I won't look like the movies, I think it will be great.
    Damn unregistered animagus.... I'd have stepped on her cockroach ass.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
      Damn unregistered animagus.... I'd have stepped on her cockroach ass.
      I know, I know. But it was that or Hermione and I'd rather be different! She has redeemed herself somewhat.

And guys, really! HP releases shouldn't be all that bad - there are very few SCs, or there should be. It's a party, it's a big deal, everyone's excited. Much fun abounds. And just do Patronus spell on the SCs if you have any. Might make the people around them laugh at least. I hope it works out for the rest of you at a bookstore that night.

Comment

We're getting ours through Blockbuster, so we get to avoid the insanity of B&N and/or Borders. They have a punch card thingy where you rent six movies and get it for $12.97. It's probably a good thing. Getting it at midnight would just mean that we'd start the fight over who reads it first that much sooner (and stealing it from each other when the one reading puts it down).

As for the countdown on the displays not matching, I know from experience that it was probably some kids tearing sheets off the pad. I had that happen a few times at Circuit City.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I should probably put my order in with Amazon.

We did that last time, got it for whatever the price finally ended up being, and it was delivered the day of release.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Guessing

Quoth Reyneth View Post
            I know, I know. But it was that or Hermione and I'd rather be different! She has redeemed herself somewhat.

And guys, really! HP releases shouldn't be all that bad - there are very few SCs, or there should be. It's a party, it's a big deal, everyone's excited. Much fun abounds. And just do Patronus spell on the SCs if you have any. Might make the people around them laugh at least. I hope it works out for the rest of you at a bookstore that night.
            I don't sell books but let me guess what will happen over the next week or two.

At the party you have over a thousand books in stock, you sell, sell, sell and take lots of reservations.

In the following days while you wait for your next shipment you get tons of SCs who just *MUST* have a copy for their darling child and not only can't understand how you be out of stock, but why you refuse to sell them one of the few copies you that have big tags that say "Reserved for *****" on them. Am I right?

Opps forgot the demands for the secret stock room in the back that is full of HP books

Comment

A customer asked me tonight if we were doing a midnight screening of the new HP movie. We aren't, thank goodness.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

earl colby pottinger, that can happen. It did when I worked at BDalton for book 5. But for months beforehand, anytime someone even mentioned HP we told them "if you don't pre-order, there are no guarantees." So we gave no sympathy for the whiners that couldn't be bothered and were upset there weren't any left the day after the release.

Since I'm not technically working at a bookstore now, not sure how things will play out. Last time they did have about 1/3 of their stock left after the party IIRC and enough other places had books for those who HAD to have them right then that didn't bother to pre-order. This is one case where bookstore employees can't make them apparate out of nowhere, but there are plenty *everywhere* else too.

Comment

Working...
                X