This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry, but... NOT OUR PROBLEM!!

Recently I was working the front counter at Mickey D's, and the following SC interaction occured.

OSC: Old sucky customer (natch)
    Me: Who do you think??

OSC: Hi, I'd like a double cheeseburger...
    Me: I'm sorry, sir, we're still serving breakfast.
    OSC: You don't have any burgers yet?!
    Me. No, I'm sorry. (Beat). Would you like anything else? (Stupid question, but what can you do?)
    OSC: I'm having dialysis done today! I need a burger! Can't you guys just make one??
    Me: (thinking, "Uh, ooookaaay") No, I'm sorry, sir (have I mentioned I'm a compulsive apologizer?).
    OSC: I'm going over to Hardee's, maybe they'll be serving lunch!

Not two minutes later, OSC tries to pull THE EXACT SAME STUNT on another cashier!! He finally left for good, and I asked a nearby co-worker if I was rude, and she said no, that the guy was just clueless. It's a shame that the guy was going to the doctor, but that's really not our problem. Furthermore, I think he should fucking ashamed of himself for trying to use his misfortune to guilt us into giving him special treatment instead of handling his problem with a stiff upper lip! For fuck's sake, there are people who have it 50 times worse who don't go around whining and expecting the world to shower them with favors!! I don't know, maybe I'm just a horrible person...
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
    OSC: I'm having dialysis done today! I need a burger!
    Any doctors lurking out there that care to explain this one?

I didn't realize that kidney dialysis required the ingestion of McDonald's burgers. Interesting.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

If he was so hot for a burger before 10:30, then he should go to a dedicated burger joint or Jack in the Box.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You do not have to eat before dialysis. In fact, you shouldn't eat anything for at least an hour prior to your dialysis. You could die.

The reasons are quite simple: When you digest something, a lot of your blood goes to your stomach-area. This lowers the blood pressure in the rest of your body, making dialysis a REALLY bad idea. I've heard lots of doctors demanding that their patients fast for at least 5 hours prior to the treatment.

Another reason is that dialysis takes time, and lots of people react to eating by needing the toilet quickly afterwards. And you can't have a toilet break in the middle of your dialysis!

I wonder if the customer was just lying, hoping to get special treatment due to their "condition"?

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          Any doctors lurking out there that care to explain this one?

I didn't realize that kidney dialysis required the ingestion of McDonald's burgers. Interesting.
          actually would that not make things worse?

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
            This just reminds me of Michael Douglas in Falling Down. The ultimate SC.
            "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
            "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

There's no medical condition in the world that could be improved via the application of McDonald's food. But on the other hand, there's no medical condition in the world that could not be worsened by it either.

I think "Dialysis" was just today's "Big important sounding word I heard on the TV before I left the house" for that guy. Maybe if you're lucky tomorrow's word will be "herpes".

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                There's no medical condition in the world that could be improved via the application of McDonald's food. But on the other hand, there's no medical condition in the world that could not be worsened by it either.
                The only food I know of that could improve the "medical conditions" that we're forced do deal with would be the liberal application of 4 day old Timbits. To the side of the head with a slingshot. Seriously, my roommate at music camp bought timbits on the first day. By day 4 we were throwing them at each other and leaving welts. Cheap and effective ammo!
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  The only food I know of that could improve the "medical conditions" that we're forced do deal with would be the liberal application of 4 day old Timbits. To the side of the head with a slingshot. Seriously, my roommate at music camp bought timbits on the first day. By day 4 we were throwing them at each other and leaving welts. Cheap and effective ammo!
                  Yes! You could kill an elk with 4 day old Timbits.

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone

Don't remind me.

For all I know, the guy might have already had dialysis, but to just demand a burger like that is beyond belief.
                    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post
                      Yeah, that was one of my favorite parts of that movie. He's a sicko and all and it's really not a favorite movie of mine, yet it passed on a message about fast food places. Just don't go around and shoot up the place!

Did this guy also complain because the burgers he normally gets don't look like the picture? Instead of a plump and juicy looking burger, he's handed some small squished thing?

This thread also reminded me of when I took my son and a friend of his to Disney World a couple of years ago. We got up early and stopped at the McDonald's on the property. It was 730am, and his friend wanted a quarter pounder with cheese. Thing was, his family normally does not do McDonald's or any fast food restaurant, so he was not aware of when they serve breakfast and lunch.

Comment

We used to get people in at Friendly's on the weekends that would demand lunch before we started serving it or breakfast after we had stopped. I hated that shift so much. Breakfast is nice and easy, people are in and out fast, but then you have to shift into lunch. People would get really angry if I told them that they had to wait even 10 minutes to start ordering lunch, or if they came in just after breakfast had ended. I'm sorry people, but I can't control the cooks in the kitchen. If you want breakfast at 11:10, go to a freakin IHOP or Bickfords, not Craply's.
                        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                        The Office

Comment

Working...
                        X