This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
    My roomate got married two years ago and still hasn't changed her name as she refuses to do so. She's one of those independent, quasi-feminist type of gal.
    They should have both changed their names to some sort of new, quasi uber name such as Trogdor or Shodan. That's what I'd do. >.>

Of course, there are things wrong with me. So your milage vary.

Comment

lol Dopon!!!

Comment

I henceforth vow not to marry until I find a woman who will change her name with me to 'X'! Yes, I will be Mr. X, and she will be Mrs. X!
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

#1: I'm not giving it back until after you sign it:
          I had one of these guys once. He absolutely refused to sign the receipt until I gave him back the card. The fact that he was so insistent made me very suspicious and I just kept repeating that I needed him to sign before I could give back the card. He opted not to buy the books rather than just sign the damn receipt. Yeah, not suspicious at all...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

An interesting policy that VISA (via Loss Prevention) made us do was not accept cards that had See ID or CID in the signature line because technically, it's a violation of the card policy.

I actually relished in the task, because people would go apeshit over the matter. And I liked the fact that "VISA said so, so you need to take it up with the company."

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              I had one of these guys once. He absolutely refused to sign the receipt until I gave him back the card. The fact that he was so insistent made me very suspicious and I just kept repeating that I needed him to sign before I could give back the card. He opted not to buy the books rather than just sign the damn receipt. Yeah, not suspicious at all...
              People just don't pay attention to the credit card responsibility policy. Any form of security that we enforce gives us the right as credit card merchants to not give back the credit card to the cardholder (not owner as most customers say). The situation I was in the part where she said that she will show me the signature for the card after she signed it she in fact had the stripe face down as she signed it and then showed me the signature so I can compare it. I could've made a scene with CSM's or Managers but if she did look at the signature for the card I'd ask for ID or a code 99 (immediate antipolicy behavior) will be paiged.
              Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
                People just don't pay attention to the credit card responsibility policy. Any form of security that we enforce gives us the right as credit card merchants to not give back the credit card to the cardholder (not owner as most customers say). The situation I was in the part where she said that she will show me the signature for the card after she signed it she in fact had the stripe face down as she signed it and then showed me the signature so I can compare it. I could've made a scene with CSM's or Managers but if she did look at the signature for the card I'd ask for ID or a code 99 (immediate antipolicy behavior) will be paiged.
                We didn't have anyone other than the manager to call. There's no security guard (well, some stores have them but mainly the big city stores; the only time I've seen a guard was in Baltimore). I did give him the card back when he said he wasn't going to buy the books because I really couldn't keep it. Even if we are prompted to call the card company and the operater tells us to cut up the card, we aren't allowed to do it. I only had it happen once, but I had to just tell the person that I was instructed to destroy the card and give it back to her.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  We didn't have anyone other than the manager to call. There's no security guard (well, some stores have them but mainly the big city stores; the only time I've seen a guard was in Baltimore). I did give him the card back when he said he wasn't going to buy the books because I really couldn't keep it. Even if we are prompted to call the card company and the operater tells us to cut up the card, we aren't allowed to do it. I only had it happen once, but I had to just tell the person that I was instructed to destroy the card and give it back to her.
                  Alright. What I meant to say was any form of security that we enforce gives us the right as credit card merchants to not give back the credit card to the cardholder if they refuse to show identifaction for a purchase but if no purchase is made then of course you give them back their card and clear the sales screen. What an idiot that makes it so obvious he wasn't using an authorized card lol!
                  Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

The Mr. and Mrs X was cute. Just anything so you don't use those damn pretentious hyphenated names. Either use your maiden name (you can do that legally) or use your husband's name (traditional). But every time I see one of those fakey British-like names, like the defense attorney in the Spector trial, Linda Kenney-Baden. Sounds Dumb, dumb, dumb, especially if the husband uses the hyphenated name also. What a dick!

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post

#3: Company Credit Cards: People will say it's a company card when you see the signature doesn't match.
                      This reminds me of the guy I worked with when I was a utility locator. Over the course of several months, this guy had used his company gas card to charge over $500 in gasoline for his personal vehicle. I never forgot about that incident. He could not explain how it happened yet they had one day caught him at a gas station, recording the time and date, then matched it to their receipts. Busted!

Comment

One of my c/c still has my maiden name on it and I've been married uh...17 years in August. I told them I got married and the name change but they never changed the name on the card. So I just signed it with a hyphenated name.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                        X