This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! I tricked you! *Long*

There's nothing worse than getting tricked by a scamming customer. Here is what happened. It was late at night, and this woman calls asking for delivery. Her house was on the "no delivery after dark" list, and I told her that.

Me: I'm very sorry. We do not deliver there after dark.
    SC: Why?!!
    Me: Due to security purposes, there are certain areas that we do not go to after dark?
    SC: This is not a bad neighborhood!
    Me: Ma'am, corporate sets our delivery area and we are simply enforcing it.
    SC: Is there someone I can discuss this with?

The manager then talked to her and I thought that would be the end of the story. I was wrong. A few minutes later, she disguised her number as "private caller" and decided to order again. This is the weird part. Her house borders the corner of a street, so she actually has two addresses. She called and used the other address, of which we could deliver after dark. Not knowing this, I took her order and the pizzas were delivered. She called us back.

SC: See! You all can go here if you really want to! You just want to discriminate! I want to talk to the manager.

She proceeded to call back and talk to our store manager many different times, pissing him off to the point where he threatened to call the cops. That didn't even stop her. She continued to call around 30-40 times. Most of those involved us picking up the phone, putting her on hold, then "forgetting" that she was on hold.

The worst part is, the manager blamed ME for this! He said that I shouldn't have taken a call from a private caller, which I was NEVER told about. Because this woman was being a b*tch who obviously has no social life and wanted to start crap with us, I am in trouble with the manager.

The point it, we didn't want to deliver there because it is a dangerous neighborhood, not because we are incapable of delivering there, and why should I be in trouble because of this psycho calling us back so many times?

Quoth PizzaBoy View Post

The point it, we didn't want to deliver there because it is a dangerous neighborhood, not because we are incapable of delivering there, and why should I be in trouble because of this psycho calling us back so many times?
    You shouldn't. Your boss is an idiot. Allow me:
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Maybe it's just easier to chew your ass out rather than to actually follow through with the threat to call the cops on her?

Mike
      Last edited by JustaCashier; 06-30-2007, 03:13 AM. Reason: Left a word out.
      Meow.........

Comment

If I was you, I would have told him, that from now on, he could deliver the orders to those streets.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Katie, forget the salmon slap........I'll go rummage through my parents garage and find something much more suitable for situations like these.

Hmmm........bosses like that, customers like that...........

This one's going to require a chainsaw...

Who's ready?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Katie, forget the salmon slap........I'll go rummage through my parents garage and find something much more suitable for situations like these.

Hmmm........bosses like that, customers like that...........

This one's going to require a chainsaw...

Who's ready?
            Wait, wait

*puts on slicker and goggles*
            I'm ready
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
            X