Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If your gonna lie, you might wanna......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your gonna lie, you might wanna......

The eatery that I eat my lunch is this Hybrid Coffee Shop/Bar that faces a bus stop. The eatery has a major problem where bus riders will sit inside of the eatery and wait for the bus and not order anything, taking up seats and chairs. Signs are posted to the effect, but still people come in and sit down, and the staff has to shoo them out. Of course, it doesn't help that there are 2 entrances, and some of the furniture is facing towards the bus stop. But the policy they have is firm: if you don't order anything within a specified amount of time (i.e. wait in the line to the bar), your asked to leave.

So I'm eating on one of the chairs, and these kids start to come in. I go into alert mode. I secretly signal one of the staff to the group of kids. The "timer" began.

After a few minutes, the staff guy comes to the kids, and asks them what they are doing. One of the kids snaps back at the staff member, commenting that they're waiting for a relative to pick them up. The staff guy stands firm, telling the kids to get out and pointing to the signs. They go out, and congregate at the bus stop.

As he watches them leave, he comments, "If your gonna lie to me, don't hold the damn bus schedule in your hands aroudn the time the bus is gonna stop."

Not that whom their waiting for should matter, they're loitering anyway. I'd suggest changing the sign to reflect that policy, instead.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
    X