This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want what's on the flyer

Ok, I recently took an order from this guy who wanted the same pizza that was on the flyer. Now, we DO NOT have this flyer. Anyway, it went like this.

SC: I'd like the deal with the unlimited toppings.
    Me: Okay, what toppings would you like today?
    SC: I'd like the toppings that are on the flyer.
    Me: Okay, we do not have the flyer at our store, so what toppings are they?
    SC: I can't tell. Can't you just give me the toppings on your flyer?
    Me: Like I said, we do not have the flyers in our store.
    SC: Alright, that we be *insert toppings here.*
    Me: Alright, it is *price* and will take about 40-50 minutes.

Here is the conversation after his pizza arrives.

SC: Okay, I made a pizza order and I requested for all of the toppings here on your flyer and the gentleman that took my order did not put those exact toppings on my pizza.
    Me: Sir, we do not have the flyer in our store, so we are unable to accommodate that if we do not have the flyers.
    SC: Well that's not my problem.

We do not have these flyers and I don't even know where I would find them if we did. It's not that freaking hard to look on the flyer and figure out what those toppings are plus I told him that ahead of time. I'm just glad he hung up before demanding a free pizza because I know that management would award it to him.

Me: Like I said, we do not have the flyers in our store.
    SC: Alright, that we be *insert toppings here.
    SC: Okay, I made a pizza order and I requested for all of the toppings here on your flyer and the gentleman that took my order did not put those exact toppings on my pizza.
    Me: Sir, we do not have the flyer in our store, so we are unable to accommodate that if we do not have the flyers.
    SC: Well that's not my problem.
    Okay, first of all, that customer is an utter shit-for-brains. He told you what he wanted, you gave it to him, and he actually accused you of messing up his order?!
    WTF?!

Second, if he can't identify the toppings on the picture on the flyer, why the hell would he want to order them? That's just insane!
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

People can't read or listen anymore. It's like people can only understand freaking pictures now because reading is too hard for them. And, according to what you've said, they can't even interperate what is on the pictures now.

One time in Colorado I was getting food after doing some snowboarding. I'm waiting in line and I overhear a lady right next to me:

Lady: Excuse me. Excuse me! Sir, yes, sir behind the counter. I believe you owe me some fries.

Cook: Uhh...why?

Lady: Well the picture of the burger up there has fries on it.

Cook: ...No, I do not owe you those.

Lady: But the picture shows fries with the burger.

*I laughed audibly and she shot me a look*

Cook: That's for display purposes, ma'am. Fries are separate.

Lady: Oh. Well can you get me some?

Cook: You can walk over there yourself and get them.

*To my Dad* there really are some huge dumbasses in the world.

Dad: Yeah, big time

Sure, lady! Here, they'll ALSO give you a free drink with that burger because the picture slightly shows it in the corner, despite the fact that it says on the wall over there "Fries and drinks are separate." YOU WIN TWICE!!111one1eleventythree

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
        Sure, lady! Here, they'll ALSO give you a free drink with that burger because the picture slightly shows it in the corner, despite the fact that it says on the wall over there "Fries and drinks are separate." YOU WIN TWICE!!111one1eleventythree
        Naw, they only owe what the picture shows, which sounds like part of a drink. So take some scissors to the cup, hand it to the customer, and then pour soda into that sliver of cup. I'm sure the lady would love that.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
          Second, if he can't identify the toppings on the picture on the flyer, why the hell would he want to order them? That's just insane!
          I find that a lot of Americans want their lives to be just like the picture.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I bought a new mascara from the drugstore yesterday.
            I applied it just like they said, but I don't look anything like the model in the picture!
            This is blatant false advertising and I want my money back.

Reality will never look like "the picture" but the success of advertising depends on idiots that think its attainable.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              I find that a lot of Americans want their lives to be just like the picture.
              See? and they say that advertising doesn't work. Never underestimate a person's ability to be stupid.
              ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
              Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

It would have been a good idea for corporate to have sent the stores a copy of the flier (and probably for the fliers to be kept somewhere prominent near the phone).

But it's a corporate problem.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I've gotten a "I want what's on the commercial" before. Considering that we don't have TV's playing our commercials in our store, like some kind of sick Fast-Food Big brother, I had no idea what he wanted. Actually, I could see that in the future of Fast Food

"He is always watching you. You will obey him. Buy the Extra-Large. We were always at war with Eurasia."
                  It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                  ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Nothing EVER looks like the picture.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      Naw, they only owe what the picture shows, which sounds like part of a drink. So take some scissors to the cup, hand it to the customer, and then pour soda into that sliver of cup. I'm sure the lady would love that.
                      heehee, that's exactly what I was thinking!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, now, waidaminit. If he can't identify them while placing the order, how does he know they weren't "The exact ingredients?"

Here's an idea PizzaAsshole might want to try in the future: thinking for himself and ordering what he wants!

Idiot.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          Here's an idea PizzaAsshole might want to try in the future: thinking for himself and ordering what he wants!
                          But...that would make sense. That's not allowed.

I need to be held.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid

But...that would make sense. That's not allowed.
                            Not to mention it would involve thinking. Can't have that.
                            "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Working...
                            X