This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagging requests

Bagging requests, we are all familiar with the double bag request, the elderly ladies heavy items bagged lightly, the unusual "please distribute the weight evenly", the hellish WTF lore of tieing a small bag to a broom so that they didn't want to get stopped, a couple spending their deadline hurried time shopping for suit vests and having a large bag put over them quickly with the hanger penetrated at the bottom of the bag so they can run out the door and get the people greeters looking suspicious, and last and not least, the most fu*king retarded request of all....... the bumsh!t of them all.... this stupild elderly lady asks....if I can cut her small bag to put her jewellery in

UGH!!! BAGGING REQUESTS OF STUPIDITY!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

I never complain about how they bag my groceries. The grocery store I shop at is where my wife works at, so they all know me there. Plus if there really busy I'll bag the groceries myself.
    Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

So seeing as you had no small bags, she wanted you to fashion a small bag out of a large bag and a pair of scissors? Lordy. Here's a lovely exchange that held up the express line a few weeks ago:

A woman was buying numerous small items plus two gallons of orange drink,* they were two for ninety-eight cents. The bagger asks, "Do you want a bag for the orange drink?" seeing as the jugs had handles and they weren't cold.

She says, "Of course I want a bag. Don't want you standing around doing nothing." She said that in a reasonably playful tone of voice, so it wasn't too offensive. So, the bagger puts the two jugs of orange drink in two bags, and everything else in another bag, all of which he puts in the cart. The lady stops, picks up the bag containing all of her items, and it meets with her approval. She puts it down, and picks up one of the bags containing a jug of orange drink. She says, "This bag's too heavy. Take something out of it."

The bagger replies, "The only thing in this bag is this jug." He pulls out the jug of orange drink.

"Put that in another bag." she says. The bagger complies and puts the jug in the bag with the other jug. The woman then had one empty bag and one bag with two jugs in it, at which point she seemed satisfied and wheeled the cart away.

*Orange juice plus corn syrup, and a lot of water and red dye. Overpriced at fifty cents a gallon.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
        So seeing as you had no small bags, she wanted you to fashion a small bag out of a large bag and a pair of scissors?[/SIZE]
        lol we had small bags but she wanted them smaller, like buy your oun stationary and do it!

Funny story BTW!
        Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
          this stupild elderly lady asks....if I can cut her small bag to put her jewellery in
          You could have said to her, "What will hold a lot, will hold a little."
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Unless they do one of the major no-no's (cans on top of bread) I don't complain. In fact, my grocerey store is lacking in baggers so I usually end up bagging my own groceries, which I don't mind since I did it for years when I was younger.

I do always remember to thank the cashier and bagger, though. I'm not like some @$$holes who shop at my store and do nothing but complain and don't even acknowledge the workers. (You help me, I'll thank you, you go out of your way, I'll try to let a supervisor know).
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              So seeing as you had no small bags, she wanted you to fashion a small bag out She puts it down, and picks up one of the bags containing a jug of orange drink. She says, "This bag's too heavy. Take something out of it."

The bagger replies, "The only thing in this bag is this jug." He pulls out the jug of orange drink.

"Put that in another bag." she says. The bagger complies and puts the jug in the bag with the other jug. The woman then had one empty bag and one bag with two jugs in it, at which point she seemed satisfied and wheeled the cart away.
              I've re-read that three times now and it still doesn't make any goddamn sense to me

M
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

When I was bagging groceries for Publix, we had this guy who came in at least three times a week with his Dolly Parton look-alike girlfriend in tow. Each time he got his stuff, it had to be unloaded from the cart a certain way, then scanned in a certain order. Then, when it came to bagging, he would literally breathe down the neck of the poor bagger, literally giving that bagger orders with the "double bag" only, and "make sure it's evenly distributed" as well as "don't touch my eggs". It got to where anytime he came in, we all cringed as to who was going to be the next victim.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                  I've re-read that three times now and it still doesn't make any goddamn sense to me

M
                  It's SC logic. Don't try to figure out how to get there on your own. You will either get a headache, or worse, you might figure out why they think like they do, and nobody would want that.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I HATE having my milk bagged. It already comes with a convenient carrying handle.

I only request double bags when I'm getting heavy stuff--canned goods, spaghetti sauce, etc.

Paper in plastic? Only when I have perishables and I want to keep them insulated.

I'm not such a bad person.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The only thing im fussy about is my eggs and bananas. Once they are scanned I personally hold them (all the way home)... its one of my crazy anxiety issues, I simply can no cope with a bruised banana!
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I like to think I'm a good bagger...though what fits well in bags doesn't necessarily fit well in the cart! It's not hard--heavy stuff on bottom, keep chemicals, frozen foods, regular food, and pet food seperate.

The only bagging-related complaint I've had wasn't angry at me, but at the girl at the electronics counter who'd gotten upset when the customer wanted to use a cardboard box to carry her stuff out. I calmed her pretty well with a guest comment card (saying one of those things goes straight to corporate works on most people), calling the manager over, and by scrounging up a box for her, since nothing says she COULDN'T use one and I had a couple lying around.

Her comment card when she gave it back to me was hilarious. Half the card was "A is rude and treated me like a criminal, etc etc", half the card was "LadyA is so nice and polite"...and there was one line that said "And M's breath smells".
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I remember a game we used to play in college. It's called "Paper or Plastic."

Basically you head into a store like Wal-Mart that doesn't have paper bags, and when the cashier starts to bag them, you ask her or "Paper." This usually draws a blank stare to which you note. "I don't want plastic bags. I want paper." The game is scored as follows:

1 point for each time the cashier asks what you said.
                          2 points if she says they don't have paper
                          5 points if the cashier tries to put it in a plastic bag anyway. (you should adamantly refuse to pick the bag up there. Game over if you do pick it up.)
                          5 points if the cashier calls a CSM
                          1 point for each time the CSM says they don't have plastic bags, +1 point for each time she says I'm sorry.
                          10 points if they call management to deal with the situation, +5 points each time management says they don't have paper and finally

100 points if management bows to your requests and finds paper bags.

The average score would be in the thirties, though some places do have paper bags for the environmentally concerned.
                          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

the area my store is in, has alot of apartments. most of them located over businesses, and then there is a retirement home a few blocks over. pretty much, most of my customers walk. when they ask to have their milk bagged, i understand. it would suck having to carry that a few blocks over, and having your hands get all cold....

anyways. its weird i read this topic tonight, since today, i had a customer who had a strange bagging request.

he had four 2 liters of coca-cola, q-tips....and one more small things. can't remember what it was. i put them in two double bagged bags, 2 two liters and the q-tips in one bag, the rest in another. he wanted them all in one. ok...so i went and grabbed two of the largest bags we have, and i put those together, and started to empty the one bag into the large bag.

he then says,"no, i want it all in this smaller bag, and then into the larger bag. that way, its even more reinforced."

well, his logic only worked so far. true, if he had used all for handles, and carried it that way, four bags have to rip before his product falls out. but....we all know that would take rubbing two brain cells together to figure out. instead, he ties the handles on the smaller bags, and just sets it in the other two bags, grabbing those handles.

in case anybody doesn't get it....since he only used two bag handles, instead of the four, if BOTH of the two larger bags ripped, the other bags holding the stuff would all fall out. the product would stay in those two smaller bags, but the bigger bages would have ripped. now, if he used all four handles, if the two large bags ripped, he would still have two more bags to hold on to. so the whole time im bagging this, im thinking," this is just a waste of bags...."

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
                              when they ask to have their milk bagged, i understand. it would suck having to carry that a few blocks over, and having your hands get all cold...
                              I confess. If I'm getting more than a couple items, I get my milk bagged, though it's only 2 blocks back to my dorm. I do this because if I get my 4L jug bagged, I can carry 5 or more bags on one arm (I think my record is 7), so that I'll have a hand free to dig my keys out to get in the front door, into the elevator enclosure, up the elevator, and into my room, requiring my keys at each point. If I don't get my milk bagged, I can get maybe 3 bags plus the milk on that arm. It just doesn't work.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X