This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "IT WAS ALREADY LIKE THAT!!!!!"

My wife witnessed and interrupted a would-be hit-and-run accident not long ago.

She was running errands and was parked outside the pet store. She was in the 2nd space in the row, and an 18-wheeler was lumbering down that same row. He really should not have been there as there was a separate delivery entrance for trucks, plus the main parking lot wasn't designed for big rigs.

Sure enough, he didn't have enough room to turn out of the row. He came dangerously close to hitting my wife's car, and the trailer caught the bumper of the car in the 1st space, ripping it off!

Then, making matters worse, the driver backed up, actually running the trailer OVER the car, then pulled forward again and dragged it halfway out it's parking spot!

By this time my wife and another woman were shouting at the driver to stop. He got out, looked as the havoc he'd just wrought, and said "I DIDN'T DO IT!!!! IT WAS ALREADY LIKE THAT!!!!!"

He started to get back into his truck when he saw my wife taking pictures, and he started to approach her demanding to "see" her phone!

She and the other witness quickly backed away and my wife called 911.

Wife: Hell no! I'm calling 911!!

911 Dispatch: What city?

Wife: *City!*

Dispatch: Please hold.......*transfer*

Police Dispatch: 911, what is your emergency?

Wife: *Quickly explains what just happened*...and the guy is demanding to see my phone!!

Police: OK stay on the line ma'am, we're going to get officers en route.

At this, the driver - thankfully! - backed off, but he kept insisting he didn't do anything.

Within short order, two police cars swooped into the lot with lights flashing.

One officer went to speak with my wife and the other witness, who both explained that the trucker driver was 100% at fault.

Driver: NO! I didn't do anything!! It was like that!!!!

Other cop: Sir! Go stand by your vehicle and STAY THERE!!!

The driver kept on insisting that he didn't do it.

Cop: Sir, the marks on the ground from where the car was dragged are plainly visible!!!

Ugh....

This went on at some length, while the first cop took down the witness info. Right before my wife was finally able to leave, the driver of the car that got hit came out of the store.

It was a 17 year old kid, and it was his parents' car!

OUCH! Luckily for him he will have the police to back him up. He'd parked quite properly, but was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Even better, no one was hurt, and despite acting threatening, the truck driver backed off once informed that he police had been called.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    "I DIDN'T DO IT!!!! IT WAS ALREADY LIKE THAT!!!!!"
    Wow, I guess there really is no point where a person will not try the "it wasn't me!" defense.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The company the driver was working for will probably be interested in hearing about how their driver acted. His actions smack of attempted assault and attempted theft.

Comment

Trucking companies get rather annoyed at drivers who aren't welcome at a particular site anymore. It makes dispatching loads more complicated, as care has to be taken as to who can go where and... really not worth the hassle.
        When the company gets a call that their driver is in lockup, and so is the truck (with a huge bill for towing)... yeah, don't bother to ask where your next load is.

Fun fact: When a driver gets fired 'on the road', the company has to pay for getting him back to his home terminal. Just him, really, and not necessarily all his stuff in the truck.

Comment

Working...
        X