X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Valentinian View Post
    I'd have resorted to murder.
    Somewhat frowned upon in most workplaces, that. I can imagine things, though.
    Like discomfort or public embarrassment or alien abduction
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      No, I mean, the email always included the full list of headers. Like:

So it showed the idiot how many times they'd received the same instructions.
      Quoth greek_jester View Post
      After the 4th or 5th time, I'd start cc'ing the idiot's boss. Maybe they'd light a fire under idiot's butt for wasting company time.
      Been there tried that back then. NO ONE cared and the phone calls just kept on coming in EVERY single morning until the new system was turned on and the old one disconnected.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Been there tried that back then. NO ONE cared and the phone calls just kept on coming in EVERY single morning until the new system was turned on and the old one disconnected.
        It's so much easier to hit Speed-Dial #1. Every time they boot up the old Brain Simulation Offline Device it gives them an error.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Internally this ins't quite as much of a problem. It happens occasionally, but not all the time.

Clients, however... Oh man. The number of our clients that call in regularly for help doing the same thing is amazing. Thankfully, unless it's a "politically sensitive" client (read "already screaming at the CEO), there's an approved way to deal with them. "The procedure is X, as stated previously. Please make sure you make a note of this procedure. If you need our assistance with this in the future, it will no longer be considered support, but training, which is billable."

Works every time.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
          X